ERROR: Analysis didn't terminate normally, please verify ERROR and WARN logs above. Exit code 1

Since a few days I’m getting the following error in my builds. I’m using sonarsource in an Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS) build pipeline. The error doesn’t seem to prevent the analysis from completing, but it does cause unnecessary clutter. Why is this happening, and what can I do about it?

##[section]Starting: Run code analysis
==============================================================================
Task         : Run Code Analysis
Description  : Run scanner and upload the results to the SonarCloud server.
Version      : 1.6.3
Author       : sonarsource
Help         : This task is not needed for Maven and Gradle projects since the scanner should be run as part of the build.

[More Information](http://redirect.sonarsource.com/doc/install-configure-scanner-tfs-ts.html)
==============================================================================
[command]C:\VSTS\_work\_tasks\SonarCloudPrepare_14d9cde6-c1da-4d55-aa01-2965cd301255\1.6.3\classic-sonar-scanner-msbuild\SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe end
SonarScanner for MSBuild 4.6.2
Using the .NET Framework version of the Scanner for MSBuild
Post-processing started.
INFO: Sensor SonarCSS Metrics [cssfamily]
INFO: Sensor SonarCSS Metrics [cssfamily] (done) | time=256ms
INFO: Sensor SonarCSS Rules [cssfamily]
INFO: Sensor SonarCSS Rules [cssfamily] (done) | time=5759ms
INFO: Sensor C# Properties [csharp]
ERROR: Analysis didn't terminate normally, please verify ERROR and WARN logs above. Exit code 1

Note that although the message says to verify ERROR and WARN logs, there aren’t any. Only loads of INFO logs.

1 Like

I second this, I’ve noticed the same thing this week and would like to understand why…

See https://github.com/SonarSource/sonar-css/pull/188

Instead of 1.1.0 use version 1.1.1 of sonar-css-plugin that contains above change.

We are using Azure DevOps, which pulls in the latest 1.* version. but this doesn’t match up with your version. As you can see above, it still, as of right now, appears to be using version 1.6.3…

Hi,

There will be no need to upgrade the extension itself, the plugin will be upgraded today on SonarCloud side, thus will be fixed by then.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mickaël

@SamSmithNZ 1.6.3 is the version of Azure DevOps extension, not of sonar-css-plugin. My previous comment applies for on-premise SonarQube, in case of SonarCloud as @mickaelcaro said - plugin will be updated today.

@bouke I confirm that the fix has been deployed.
Sorry for the inconvenience.