Empty build-wrapper-dump.json with qmake

I’m using the build-wrapper version 6.32 to analyze an older QT project.
However, even after a clean build, the build-wrapper-dump.json is empty:

{
"version":"6.32",
"captures":[
]}

The command line looks like this:

/home/user/dev/build-wrapper-linux-x86/build-wrapper-linux-x86-64 --out-dir sonar /home/user/dev/Qt5.4.1/5.4/gcc_64/bin/qmake /home/user/dev/SEL_SONARQUBE/Src/solution.pro CONFIG+=mx6Webe /home/user/dev/artifacts -spec linux-g++

What could be the reason?

Note: I just updated to build-wrapper version 6.36, but the problem is the same.

Hey there.

What version of SonarQube are you using (this information is located in the footer of your instance)?

Hi Colin,

• Enterprise Edition
  • Version 9.6.1 (build 59531)
    And before you ask, no, I’m not able to update.
    But this problem is related to the build-wrapper, I’m not getting to the analysis yet.
    Bet yes, I know, the wrapper comes with the Sonar version ;).

Hello @Falki,

Could you share with us the file build-wrapper.log? It should be next to build-wrapper-dump.json.
If you prefer not to make it public, I can send you a message so you can share it privately.

build-wrapper.log (4.7 KB)
build-wrapper-dump.json (507 Bytes)

Hello Alejandro,

Please find the files attached.
I hope I did it correctly.

OK; looking at the log again, I see the problem.
Sorry to have bothered you.
I wrapped the qmake instead make, such a stupid mistake :unamused:

1 Like

Okay, now I can lecture about SonarQube version. :stuck_out_tongue:

:warning: Make sure you upgrade to SonarQube v9.9 LTS soon, not only to benefit from our Best LTS Ever™, but because soon we will systematically ask users to upgrade when they ask questions about earlier versions of SonarQube, which are now considered unsupported. :smiley:

Seriously, it’s an unsupported release that will receive no bug fixes or security updates.

That was easy :smiley:
Don’t worry, mistakes happen.