Empty build-wrapper-dump.json on Azure DevOps

Hi @mpaladin
I have encountered this same issue since the change was made on Tuesday 24th September. I am using Azure DevOps pipeline and msbuild.exe to build projects. I have checked the wrapper syntax and all looks ok but I receive the “wrapper dump json file empty error” which now causes the build to fail. This is the script I’m using to build with;

D:\a\1\s\wrapper\build-wrapper-win-x86\build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe --out-dir D:\a\1\b “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\msbuild.exe” XXXX.proj /p:SignFiles=true /p:CertificatePassword=*** /p:CertificatePath=“D:\a\1\b/XXXX.pfx” /p:SkipProjects=false /t:BuildProjects /p:ProductBuildVersion=7.3.4.XXXX /p:platform=“Any CPU” /p:configuration=Release

I have excluded some specific name detail from this script. My SonarCloud Prep step contains the same output directory detail as the script but I cannot see what I need to change for this project to be wrapped correctly as nothing has changed in our code.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Kind regards

Ben

Hi @benz66,

I moved your post to a new topic.

Could you try adding /nr:false (msbuild options) msbuild option?

We added a change to catch projects which are misconfigured exactly to help you having a proper analysis.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Empty build-wrapper-dump.json on Azure DevOps continuation