Eclipse: files in /src/test/java not being scanned

sonarlint

(Matt Wetzel) #1

Planning on using SonarLint to scan Test Automation Java files. Using Eclipse with SonarLint 4.1.

While playing with the tool, I noticed that the Java files under /src/test/java are not being scanned.

• I am not connected to SonarQube
  • “Test file regular expressions” is blank
  • using Maven

Anyone?

thanks
Matt Wetzel

(Julien Henry) #2

Hi,

Is the file not analyzed, or simply no issues are reported (you can check SonarLint console in verbose mode to see if something is triggered when saving a change to the file).

My guess is that you are using a recent version of Eclipse, that has built-in support for test source folders. And most rules of SonarJava are not applied to test sources.

(Matt Wetzel) #3

Files are not being analyzed.
Using Eclipse version 2019-03

Any way to force SonarLint to look at /src/test/java?

(Julien Henry) #4

Is there anything displayed in the SonarLint console (verbose mode enabled) when you open such file?

(Matt Wetzel) #6

SonarLint analysis of project tutorial1 (19 files processed)…
File ‘src/test/java/net/serenity/tutorial/ui/SearchBox.java’ qualified as test by ‘JavaProjectConfiguratorExtension’
File ‘src/test/java/net/serenity/tutorial/model/Category.java’ qualified as test by ‘JavaProjectConfiguratorExtension’
File ‘src/test/java/net/serenity/tutorial/tasks/OpenTheApplication.java’ qualified as test by ‘JavaProjectConfiguratorExtension’
File ‘src/test/java/net/serenity/tutorial/steps/NavigatingUser.java’ qualified as test by ‘JavaProjectConfiguratorExtension’
File ‘src/test/java/net/serenity/tutorial/ui/CurrentPage.java’ qualified as test by ‘JavaProjectConfiguratorExtension’
File ‘src/test/java/net/serenity/tutorial/features/navigation/WhenBrowsingProductCategories.java’ qualified as test by ‘JavaProjectConfiguratorExtension’
File ‘src/test/java/net/serenity/tutorial/features/search/SearchByKeywordStory.java’ qualified as test by ‘JavaProjectConfiguratorExtension’
File ‘src/test/java/test.java’ qualified as test by ‘JavaProjectConfiguratorExtension’
File ‘src/test/java/net/serenity/tutorial/ui/CategoryNavigationBar.java’ qualified as test by ‘JavaProjectConfiguratorExtension’
File ‘src/test/java/net/serenity/tutorial/tasks/Search.java’ qualified as test by ‘JavaProjectConfiguratorExtension’
File ‘src/test/java/net/serenity/tutorial/ui/EbayHomePage.java’ qualified as test by ‘JavaProjectConfiguratorExtension’
File ‘src/test/java/net/serenity/tutorial/ui/GoogleSearchPage.java’ qualified as test by ‘JavaProjectConfiguratorExtension’
Standalone mode (project not bound)
Starting analysis with configuration:

(Julien Henry) #7

Test files are scanned by SonarLint, but only a few rules of SonarJava are evaluated on test files:
https://rules.sonarsource.com/java/tag/tests

(Matt Wetzel) #8

And the only way to increase analysis would be to move to /src/main/java, correct?

(Matt Wetzel) #9

How does Java code under /src/test get classified as “tests” by Sonar. Is it based on the directory or a property that can be modified?

(Julien Henry) #10

Please read the related part in the FAQ and tell me if this is not clear so that I can improve it: