Eclipse based IDE Momentics help

Please provide

• Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04.6
  • SonarLint plugin version: 7.4.0
  • Is connected mode used: no
    • Connected to SonarCloud or SonarQube (and which version):

And a thorough description of the problem / question: I installed SonarLint using the eclipse marketplace, however no further functionality is available. I use C++ and am trying to use connected mode, but after going to File->New->Other… there is no SonarQube/SonarCloud Connection option. The version of Momentics is 7.1.0 if that helps or if there is a possible compatibility problem.

Welcome :slight_smile:

don’t know Momentics , but it seems to be an Eclipse based suite.
The recent versions of Sonarlint require Eclipse running on Java 11.
At a first glance, it seems you’re still running on Java 8 !?

Gilbert

Hi @tyler_bernhardt
if the Java version was not the problem. You may have a look at Troubleshooting · SonarSource/sonarlint-eclipse Wiki · GitHub
Sylvain

Hi,

It seems like the Java version was the problem. I downloaded an older version of SonarLint to see if it would then allow me to use connected mode and the option was available, however it now says there is a problem with the binding. Could this be because Sonarlint version 6.0.0 is not compatible with the newest version of SonarQube?
Tyler

Hi,

this is quite possible. If you use the latest Sonarqube version instead of the LTS version, you should
also use the most recent Sonarlint version.

As Momentics is Eclipse based, you might be able to use a link like that for the java version, i.e.
for Windows, should be possible also for Ubuntu.
"C:\Program Files\Eclipse\eclipse.exe" -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\OpenJDK\11.0.9\bin\javaw.exe"

That’s a possibility if no permissions for editing the eclipse.ini -vm parameter or PATH for
another Java version.

After all it can also be that the Eclipse version used by Momentics internally is too old and not compatible with Sonarlint. Do you know the Eclipse version ?

Gilbert

3 Likes

Hi all,

Changing the Java version that Eclipse uses in the eclipse.ini file ended up working. I downloaded the newest version of SonarLint through the Eclipse marketplace and with Eclipse running off of Java 11 I was able to set up connected mode.

Thank you for the help!

3 Likes