Database Connectivity

Hello! We are currently running 8.7 at our company and looking to upgrade to either 8.9 or 9.1. I set up a test copy as an azure app service running 8.9 to test the upgrade steps in general to make sure I had the workflow correct. I also cloned our database so that I could also test DB connectivity during/after the upgrade.

As an app service, sonarqube gets up and running with no problems, using this:

and setting the version I want in the ARM template. After checking the sonar.properties from our currently running version, I added them to my new one and there is no DB connectivity. I’ve tested the creds and they work as regular SQL login, and when I check the logs, i see that it’s just resetting the properties and not pulling the values in like our production version does. Am I missing some other settings to make that file persistent?

example of log file from test setup:

5:39:48 PM Starting HttpPlatformHandler Script
5:39:49 PM Searching for sonar.properties file
5:39:53 PM File found at: C:\home\site\wwwroot\sonarqube-8.9.2.46101\conf\sonar.properties
5:39:53 PM Resetting properties.
5:39:53 PM Updating sonar.properties based on environment/application settings.
5:39:53 PM HTTP_PLATFORM_PORT is: 17270
5:39:53 PM Updating sonar.web.port to 17270
5:39:53 PM Saving updated sonar.properties contents
5:39:53 PM Searching for wrapper.conf file
5:39:54 PM File found at: C:\home\site\wwwroot\sonarqube-8.9.2.46101\conf\wrapper.conf
5:39:54 PM Writing to wrapper.conf file
5:39:54 PM Searching for duplicate plugins.
Compare-Object : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'ReferenceObject' because 
it is null.
At C:\home\site\wwwroot\HttpPlatformHandlerStartup.ps1:97 char:47
+ $duplicates = Compare-Object -ReferenceObject $uniquePlugins -Differe ...
+                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Compare-Object], ParameterBind 
   ingValidationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,M 
   icrosoft.PowerShell.Commands.CompareObjectCommand

5:39:54 PM Searching for StartSonar.bat
5:39:56 PM File found at: C:\home\site\wwwroot\sonarqube-8.9.2.46101\bin\windows-x86-64\StartSonar.bat
5:39:56 PM Executing StartSonar.bat

in our prod, I can see the configurations being set properly, but in this nothing is happening. Any help/understanding would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

For anyone who finds this, it turned out to be a matter of setting the necessary connection strings, etc in the app service and to comment out the manual changes I’d made to the sonar.properties file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.