Creation of an alert message popup banner and intergrate with sonarqube

sonarqube

(Yash Brahmani) #1

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    Sonarqube 5.6.3
  • what are you trying to achieve
    I want to create a popup message when ever we open sonarqube url.
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this
    I have a bootstrap html file ready. How can I integrate the same with the current Ruby on rails code of sonarqube? Please help

(G Ann Campbell) #2

Hi,

The current version of SonarQube is 7.3 (7.4 imminent) and the current LTS is 6.7.5. You’re going to have a hard time finding support for any version before that, and you should upgrade at your earliest convenience.

Also, we moved away from using Ruby very deliberately - because we didn’t want to deal with it any more - so that’s another reason you’re going to find it hard to get support for your request.

Nonetheless, I’ll bite and ask: why do you want to do this?

Ann

(Yash Brahmani) #3

Hi Ann,
I did it.
Actually I wanted our users to move from the legacy sonarqube 5.6.3 instance to sonarqube 6.7.1 after which I can plan for further upgrades to 6.7.5.
We currently have 4legacy instance running on different sonarqube version say 5.x versions. I want to get all the users to migrate to sonarqube 6.7.1 which is developed as a service for our users.
This will help us in tracking in users and providing new features to users.
I have developed a banner which will popup each time the user tries to refresh the page. This banner displays a message which tells the user to use the sonarqube 6.7.1 which is developed for them to use.

Regards,
Yash BRAHMANI