Configuring sonar scanner for pull request decoration doesn't update main branch

Sonarqube version = 7.9.1
Sonarscanner version = 4.0.0.1744

I implemented pr decoration as documented with the necessary variables passed to the sonar scanner and am seeing this happen when a master merge occurs in sonar.

I would have expected that on a master build the ‘master’ branch would have been updated versus what is seen above.

In order to get the master branch updated do I need to run the sonar scanner on master merges / builds without the pull request arguments?

example command

/sonarqube/bin/sonar-scanner -Dsonar.projectKey= -Dsonar.projectName= -Dsonar.pullrequest.branch=master -Dsonar.pullrequest.key=null -Dsonar.pullrequest.github.repository=/ -Dsonar.scm.revision= -Dsonar.sources=.//python_scripts/ -Dsonar.tests=./test_python/ -Dsonar.python.xunit.reportPath=test_output/test-report.xml -Dsonar.python.coverage.reportPath=test_output/coverage.xml

Hi,

To see master updated, you need to check out master and analyze without all the sonar.pullrequest.* parameters.

HTH,
Ann

Thanks! I thought that might be the answer but just wanted to make sure I hadn’t misconfigured anything.