Change default period deleting inactive analysis

Hi there,

We integrated SonarCloud in our CI/CD pipeline, which works like a charm. However, we have a lot of branches due to the number of times per day we kick off our pipeline. The default period that a short-lived branch and Pull Request is deleted after inactivity is 30 days.

I can’t seem to find a setting to change this value in SonarCloud. A week would be much more convenient for us, and we don’t get so many cluttered branches. I tried adding and setting the

sonar.dbcleaner.daysBeforeDeletingInactiveShortLivingBranches

paramater to the sonar-project.properties file in our project, but that doesn’t seem to do anything.

Is there a way to change the default inactive-deletion period when working with SonarCloud?

Hi Michael,

indeed, I agree with you that you should definitely be able to configure this value at organization level. However, this feature is missing, but fortunately tracked on this ticket: MMF-1650. I’ve referenced your use-case on this. And before you ask :wink: : I can’t give any ETA on this - but this is definitely in our radar.

Thanks for your feedback!

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for the reply, and good to know that the feature is within the scope of eventually be implemented.

I will keep an eye out for the ticket.