Can I use checkstyle 8.18 plugin to upgrade from checkstyle 4.17

sonarqube

(Padma Prakash) #1

Currently we have checkstyle 4.17 installed on our Sonarqube community edition 7.6 server.
Would like to upgrade the plugin because of this error we are encountering:
18:23:35 [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.2:sonar (default-cli) on project registrationhandler: Unable to load component class org.sonar.plugins.checkstyle.CheckstyleExecutor: Unable to load component class org.sonar.plugins.checkstyle.CheckstyleConfiguration: org.sonar.plugins.checkstyle.CheckstyleConfiguration has unsatisfied dependency ‘class org.sonar.api.profiles.RulesProfile’ for constructor ‘public org.sonar.plugins.checkstyle.CheckstyleConfiguration(org.sonar.api.config.Configuration,org.sonar.plugins.checkstyle.CheckstyleProfileExporter,org.sonar.api.profiles.RulesProfile,org.sonar.api.batch.fs.FileSystem)’ from org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer@32c0fecc:110<[Immutable]:org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer@72224107:459<[Immutable]:org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer@3e7ddb7e:52<| -> [Help 1]
18:23:35 [ERROR]

I only see checkstyle 8.18 available for download. Can I use version?

(Padma Prakash) #2

Tried using checkstyle 8.18. Sonar startup failed
Web server startup failed: File is not a plugin. Please delete it and restart: /opt/sonarqube-7.6/extensions/plugins/checkstyle-8.18.jar

(Scott) #3

Hi.

The latest release of sonar-checkstyle (version 4.17) isn’t compatible with SonarQube 7.6.

They fixed the plugin but they didn’t released an official version yet.

Your options are:

• Download the sources and build the plugin yourself
  • OR: Ask the maintainers to release a new version
  • OR: Use SonarQube 7.5

(Padma Prakash) #4

Thanks Scott!