Bitbucket Cloud/Sonarcloud PR link

bitbucket

(MarcD) #1

We’re currently using BB Cloud for a repository and have integrated the repository into a SonarCloud project. We see the Code Quality decoration on PRs, but when clicking the “See all issues on SonarCloud” link in the decoration, we get a 404 (with an error msg “Component <$PROJECT_KEY> of Pull Request <$BRANCH_NAME> does not exist”. We can see issues for the branch when going through the main SonarCloud site. Is this something we can fix on our own?

(Fabrice Bellingard) #2

Couple of questions to clarify your situation:

• What CI service are you using to trigger the analysis?
  • Do you see the name of your PR in SonarCloud web interface, or just the name of the underlying branch?

(MarcD) #3

Ah, should have clarified - this is via Bitbucket Pipelines.

The error with the 404 showed the branch name, not the PR number.

(Benoit) #4

I think this is the same issue as Broken SonarCloud links in Bitbucket Cloud PRs?
If so, we have a ticket open to fix this: https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONAR-10977.
You can watch it to be notified when it will be fixed.

Best

(Fabrice Bellingard) #5

Marc, are you using the latest improvements pushed by Atlassian on Bitbucket Pipeline with regards to PR analysis?

A typical pipeline YML file should look like the following (example that you can find from the doc page):

image: node:6.9.4

clone:
  depth: full

pipelines:
  default:
    - step:
        caches:
          - node
          - sonarcloud
          - node-scanner
        script: 
          - npm install -g sonarqube-scanner
          - sonar-scanner -Dsonar.host.url=https://sonarcloud.io -Dsonar.organization=bellingard-bitbucket -Dsonar.login=$SONARCLOUD_TOKEN
  pull-requests:
    '**':
      - step:
          caches:
            - node
            - sonarcloud
            - node-scanner
          script: 
            - npm install -g sonarqube-scanner
            - sonar-scanner -Dsonar.host.url=https://sonarcloud.io -Dsonar.organization=bellingard-bitbucket -Dsonar.login=$SONARCLOUD_TOKEN

definitions:
  caches:
    sonarcloud: ~/.sonar/cache
    node-scanner: ~/.sonar/native-sonar-scanner

(MarcD) #6

Not yet - we’re currently scanning based on branch regex. Reading through other forum topics, it wasn’t clear to me whether pulling in the pull-request syntax would fix this particular issue. I can test the new syntax in the next few days.

(MarcD) #7

We’ve updated the pipeline config for one project to include a pull_requests section (can’t remove the branch regex sections or place a default section for scans, since the default section matches on commits/branches that aren’t listed in a branches: section). It looks like the Code Quality decoration fails on the PR page, but looking at the builds section of the PR page, it appears that the Code Quality testing did pass - and the SonarCloud link within the builds pop-up does point to the correct PR/branch within SonarCloud.

(Fabrice Bellingard) #8

So you’re saying that the analysis is correctly triggered from Pipelines, but you don’t get the code quality summary on the PR page in Bitbucket Cloud?

(MarcD) #9

That’s correct. However, that was due to an adblocker extension on my side. Once disabled, I do now see the code quality summary. We are getting duplicate runs of code scanning on PRs, but that’s on our end. Thanks for your help!

(Fabrice Bellingard) #10

Glad that you finally managed to find the problem. We are aware of this issue, and this was already in the FAQ of our documentation for Bitbucket Cloud - but looks like this is not visible enough… :confused: