Azure DevOps Server integration stopped working after update to 9.4 (but analysis works)

We are using SonarQube as a part of our PR policies. So, create PR > build > analysis > PR decoration.

We are on Azure DevOps Server 2020.1.1 and lately upgraded from SQ Developer 8.9 to 9.4, and after this upgrade the PR decoration stopped working. When I go to Administration > configuration > DevOps Platform Integration and tab Azure DevOps Server I can see that there is a problem:

No matter if I try to full domain address, internal or ip address - check fails. I’ve switched from limited PAT to full, but still issue persists.
Please note, that the analysis is triggered from the build and in build logs I can see the output. Also, Azure DevOps web services is available from the server where SQ is hosted.

How I can approach this issue?

I having same issue DevOps Platform Integrations - Azure DevOps connection - SonarQube - Sonar Community (sonarsource.com)

Hey @ldl and @mrweiland,

Thank you for reporting this.

In SQ 9.5 we’ve included more detailed logs for failing ADO connections (tracked in SONAR-15064).

Would it be possible for you to upgrade to 9.5, and share the logs that you get when you click on “Check configuration”?

Thanks in advance!
Belén

1 Like

@Belen_Pruvost Indeed, after the upgrade there is some kind of a log:

[o.s.a.c.a.AzureDevOpsHttpClient] Unable to contact Azure DevOps server for request [https://tfs/DefaultCollection/_apis/projects?api-version=3.0]: [PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]

2 Likes

Ok, looks like adding a certificate to keystore fixes the issue

Used this as a guide: PKIX path building failed: SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target (magicmonster.com)

2 Likes

That’s great - glad you sorted it out @ldl, and thank you for sharing!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.