Azure DevOps - Prepare Analysis Failing

Hello,

For the past 50 minutes all our builds have been failing with the following error:

Unable to locate executable file: ‘D:\AgentOne_work_tasks\SonarCloudPrepare_14d9cde6-c1da-4d55-aa01-2965cd301255\1.5.0\classic-sonar-scanner-msbuild\SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe’. Please verify either the file path exists or the file can be found within a directory specified by the PATH environment variable. Also verify the file has a valid extension for an executable file.

Has something been released your end that has broken this?

Thanks,
Pete

1 Like

Same issues here. I sure hope they fix this VERY fast.

Hey all,

A v1.5.1 (for SonarCloud) and v4.5.1 (for SonarQube) is on the way.

Colin

Same issue here:

[error]Unable to locate executable file: ‘D:\a_tasks\SonarQubePrepare_15b84ca1-b62f-4a2a-a403-89b77a063157\4.5.0\classic-sonar-scanner-msbuild\SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe’. Please verify either the file path exists or the file can be found within a directory specified by the PATH environment variable. Also verify the file has a valid extension for an executable file.

version 4.5.0

Thanks
Mikkel

Same here. The last successfull build was that of version: 4.4.2

I can confirm builds are beginning to go through again with the latest version.

Thank you.

Pete

1 Like

Thanks for the quick feedback. :slight_smile:

Colin

Hi, it works too over here. Thanks for the quick fix!

Hi, it is working again, thanks!

@pconnor and others: out of curiosity, did you have to do anything to make the update apply, or did it simply autoupdate?

This bug either hasn’t been resolved, or our Azure DevOps instance is not pulling in the latest version of 4.5.1. We are still retrieving task 4.5.0 and the zip associated with the task is empty and therefor not extracting. Is there something that we can do to force a proper version retrieval?

We are now receiving the 4.5.1 release. Perhaps it just took some time to propagate ADO, but it is now back in good working order

No didn’t have to do anything, it auto-updated, I guess because it was still a 1.x version. If you had gone to a 2.x version number it wouldn’t have auto updated.

How can we use a 2.x version? Only 1.x is listed as an option on our VSTS build and the above issue stopped our builds for 24 hrs which could sometimes become a serious issue.

There isn’t a 2.x version, I’m saying if they had made it a 2.X version it wouldn’t have broken everyone’s build.

Thanks,
Pete