Authentication Error after successful install and configuration of Community Edition

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    → Installed Sonarqube community edition: sonarqube-9.4.0.54424 on Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS

• what are you trying to achieve
    → Trying to login Web UI and got authentication error in BUI and here is the line that is logged in access.log
    x.x.x.x- - [23/May/2022:01:39:41 +0000] "POST /api/authentication/login HTTP/1.1" 401 - "http://<IP address>:9000/sessions/new?return_to=%2F" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 14588.98.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.4951.59 Safari/537.36" "AYDthEMG/5DiUoj6AAAk"

• what have you tried so far to achieve this
    → Browsed the existing topics related to this error and found this topic: Authentication Failed | First time Deploying SonarQube on Kubernetes but this does not seem to be related to the error that I’m seeing.

Could someone help me unblocking this issue.

Best regards,
~Ram

Hi Ram,

glad to see you here and a heartfelt welcome to the community that I am also relatively new to!

Can you confirm that you installed SonarQube according to the documentation? The initial login information should be

username: admin
password: admin

Perhaps also confirm that your input was correct, i.e. Caps Lock wasn’t turned on and your keyboard was set to the expected language.

1 Like

Hi, thanks and it is working now.

Hi RamM, how did you resolve this?

Hello Jeremy,

I think I followed the documentation again as suggested by Chris and re-installed it.

Goodluck,
~Ram