Another "The main branch of this project is empty."

On the current SonarCloud.io overview page for our projects, three projects are working correctly and one reports “The main branch of this project is empty.”

This has been working for months and then just fell over on one build and hasn’t fixed itself. The logs all appear ok; no apparent errors from the scanner.

If I drill into that project:

• The Overview tab reports the same thing.
  • The Issues tab has what I would expect.
  • The Security Hotspots and Measures tabs are empty.
  • The Code and Activity tabs have the expected data.

I’ve searched around and found a number of references to this problem but no answers that help.

How do we get this working again?

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

Do you mean that the Overview tab used to show the summary of issues and coverage and so on, and then at some point it started showing “The main branch of this project is empty.”? Do you have an approximate date?

The same as what? Can you please clarify?

Do you mean that:

• the Security Hotspots tab shows “There are no Security Hotspots to review.”
  • the Measures tab shows a list of metrics on the left and nothing on the right? Can you select some metrics on the left and see if some data is displayed on the right?

Your post was a while ago. Do you still have the problem today?

If you activate the new beta UI, is the behavior better? To give that a try, click on your profile picture at the top-right, then click on Activate beta features, then click on the Activate this feature toggle.

If you project is public, please share a link to it so that we can take a closer look. Otherwise I’ll open a private thread to get your project details.

Hi Janos,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean that the Overview tab used to show the summary of issues and coverage and so on, and then at some point it started showing “The main branch of this project is empty.”?

Your post was a while ago. Do you still have the problem today?

Yes, that was exactly what happened.

We ran a manual analysis and that cleared it up. I’m not sure what the difference is between a manual run and an automatic run, but whatever it is caused it to start working again.

Cheers.