Analysis fails with a missing generic unit test report

jenkins
tests
sonarqube

(Mark Gortzak) #1

Error:
When analyzing a project in a pipeline the SonarQube analysis fails when there are no unit tests:

21:19:22 > Error during parsing of generic test execution report 'D:\agent\workspace\cd\nexus-webportlet\nxs-ggz-epd-clienttoestemmingen-portlet\master\reports\sonar\test-results.xml'. Look at the SonarQube documentation to know the expected XML format.

Our configuration:

sonarqube{
  properties{
    property 'sonar.projectKey', rootProject.name
    property 'sonar.projectName', "$group/${rootProject.name}"
    property 'sonar.projectVersion', baseVersion
    property 'sonar.sources', 'e2e,src'
    property 'sonar.exclusions', '**/node_modules/**,**/*.spec.ts'
    property 'sonar.tests', 'e2e,src'
    property 'sonar.test.inclusions', '**/*.spec.ts'
    property 'sonar.testExecutionReportPaths', 'reports/sonar/test-results.xml'
    property 'sonar.javascript.lcov.reportPaths', 'reports/coverage/lcov.info'
    property 'sonar.typescript.lcov.reportPaths', 'reports/coverage/lcov.info'
  }
}

I know I shouldn’t use sonar.testExecutionReportPaths but sonar.testExecutionReportPaths instead. But this is unrelated to this problem because with other projects it still works (for now of course).

I would expect the plugin doesn’t fail on a missing XML, but instead takes for granted that there are no tests. This is the behaviour I see with the (unrelated) xUnit plugin:

21:19:11 INFO: [JUnit] - No test report file(s) were found with the pattern 'reports/test/test-results.xml' relative to 'd:\agent\workspace\cd\nexus-webportlet\nxs-ggz-epd-clienttoestemmingen-portlet\master' for the testing framework 'JUnit'.  Did you enter a pattern relative to (and within) the workspace directory?  Did you generate the result report(s) for 'JUnit'?
21:19:11 WARNING: No test reports found for the metric 'JUnit' with the resolved pattern 'reports/test/test-results.xml'.
21:19:11 INFO: Skipping the metric tool processing.
21:19:11 INFO: There are errors when processing test results.
21:19:11 INFO: Skipping tests recording.

Work-around:
Add a single test :grinning:.

Versions:

• SonarQube 6.7.1
  • SonarQube Gradle Plugin 2.6.2
  • SonarQube Scanner for Jenkins 2.7.1
  • Jenkins 2.121.2
  • Gradle 3.4.1

(Mark Gortzak) #2

After some more thought I don’t think it has anything to do with SonarQube, but more with the supplier of the XML. With us that is karma-sonarqube-unit-reporter (https://www.npmjs.com/package/karma-sonarqube-unit-reporter). We have the following configuration:

sonarQubeUnitReporter: {
  sonarQubeVersion: 'LATEST',
  outputFile: 'reports/sonar/test-results.xml',
  overrideTestDescription: true,
  testFilePattern: '.spec.ts',
  useBrowserName: false
}

I will update this thread when I know more.