After SonarQube upgrade 7.6, builds failing

(Anamika) #1

I see that in the logs, not all components are analyzed…
Need ideas on how to trouble shoot the issues. Before the upgrade, all sonarcube analysis was running fine.

IINFO] ------------- Run sensors on project
[INFO] No SCM system was detected. You can use the ‘sonar.scm.provider’ property to explicitly specify it.
[INFO] Load server issues
[INFO] Load server issues (done) | time=736ms
[INFO] Performing issue tracking
[INFO] 12/527 components tracked

Builds failing with various files not found issues… but the actual files are there…but not found through this api…?

One instance:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.6.0.1398:sonar (default-cli) on project respond-parent: Error 404 on http://asoc-sonar.rsa.lab.emc.com/api/sources/hash?key=com.rsa.asoc.respond%3Arespond-parent%3Aperformance%2Fpom.xml : {“errors”:[{“msg”:“Component key ‘com.rsa.asoc.respond:respond-parent:performance/pom.xml’ not found”}]} -> [Help 1]

Another instance…
INFO] Performing issue tracking
[INFO] 2/203 components tracked…

{“errors”:[{“msg”:“Component key ‘com.rsa.asoc.nw.investigate:investigate-parent:server/src/main/java/com/rsa/asoc/nw/investigate/server/service/ExtractionJobService.java’ not found”}]} ->

(G Ann Campbell) #2

Hi,

You’ve raised a couple different topics here. I’ll handle the easy one in this thread (:smile:) and let you create a new thread for the other one if you like.

The log lines you cite don’t quite match what I would expect to see. Nonetheless, I believe the log lines that say x/y components... are simply progress messages. The analyzers update the analysis log every few seconds to let you know where they are in analysis. On some projects you’ll never see any of these messages because they’re small enough that the sensors finish the job before the log line timer goes off. In other projects you’ll see many of these messages, and may even see several sequential messages that cite the same file.

Ann

(Anamika) #3

We found that work around is, run the master build once and then PR build.