Active Directory Support

SonarQube Version = 8.9.6.50800
External User Authentication = LDAP

Hello,

We are going to be upgrading our Active Directory version from 2012 to 2016. I found the documentation related to Delegating Authentication but it doesn’t specify any versions that were tested against.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

We don’t actively support AD, so I don’t have anything for you in terms of tested versions.

Sorry,
Ann

The table in the LDAP Authentication section of Delegating Authentication | SonarQube Docs seems to suggest that it has be tested.

= successfully tested

I was speaking with the person running the upgrade project and they said that the newer version of Active Directory supports LDAP v2 and v3. I don’t see anything in the documentation that states which version of the protocol is supported.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the reminder. I’ve asked internally.

To be honest, I’m not confident of getting a good answer (I’m not sure we’ve got those details written down anywhere), so I’ve also done a little detective work.

That table appears, verbatim, in the SonarQube 7.4 docs. I’m pretty confident it hasn’t changed since then because we haven’t done any further testing since then. SonarQube 7.4 was released in Oct. 2018. AD 2016 was ~2y old at that point, so it’s likely that’s what we tested with. But I can’t guarantee that.

FWIW,
Ann