AAD login is not synching groups - Users removed from AD groups switching from LDAP to AAD

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension) * Enterprise Edition Version 8.9.6 (build 50800)
  • what are you trying to achieve Replacing LDAP with AAD
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this , Setup AAD in azure portal and in sonaqube AAD configuration. Once the AAD setup is done I ran the curl which makes the identity provider to aad from native sonarqube.

Post that I click on Microsoft and login with the microsoft SSO but I am seeing this behavior post login I lost administrator rights noticing i observed the AD groups are not synched. I am just part of sonar-users.

Looking for suggestions or settings that I am missing at AAD side or this is behavior of AAD plugin

Logs from web.log

2022.06.28 15:24:51 DEBUG web[AYGqumgAZ/l][o.s.s.a.UserRegistrarImpl] List of groups returned by the identity provider ‘
2022.06.28 15:24:51 DEBUG web[AYGqumgAl][o.s.s.a.UserRegistrarImpl] Removing group ‘DevOps’ from user ‘test’
2022.06.28 15:24:51 DEBUG web[AYGqumgAZ][o.s.s.a.UserRegistrarImpl] Removing group ‘Basic Users’ from user ‘test’
2022.06.28 15:24:51 DEBUG web[AYGqumgA][o.s.s.a.UserRegistrarImpl] Removing group ‘Engineering’ from user ‘test’
2022.06.28 15:24:51 DEBUG web[AYGqumgA][o.s.s.a.UserRegistrarImpl] Removing group ‘Admins’ from user ‘test’
2022.06.28 15:24:51 DEBUG web[AYGqumgAZ][o.s.s.a.UserRegistrarImpl] Removing group ‘Engineers’ from user ‘test’

Any help is appreciated, I am able to login as SSO user but the group membership of the users are missing.

Hey there.

Most likely you want to reach out to the maintainer of the Azure AD plugin (which is a third-party plugin) at GitHub - hkamel/sonar-auth-aad: Azure Active Directory Authentication for SonarQube