500 error on Bitbucket-Cloud pull-request analysis submission

Up till now we’ve been running the sonar analysis in our default pipeline step, but in an effort to speed up our build, I’ve been trying to update this so that the sonar analysis runs only for pull requests. However, when I do this I’m seeing the following 500 errors during the analysis submission process:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.9.1.2184:sonar (default-cli) on project content-thrift-parent: Something went wrong while trying to get the pullrequest with key '140': Error 500 on https://sonarcloud.io/api/alm_integration/show_pullrequest?project=<ourProjectKey>&pullrequestKey=140 : {"errors":[{"msg":"An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later."}]} -> [Help 1]

These do not appear to be transient errors and there is no request id returned, just the 500 error. Note that the sonar analysis is uploaded just fine when it runs during the current default build step.

This is the added snippet of the bucket-pipeline.yml file:

pipelines:
  pull-requests:
    '**':
      - step:
          name: Pre-Merge Checks
          script:
            - git config --global user.email "ci@XXXXXXXX"
            - git config --global user.name "CI"
            - git remote set-url origin ${BITBUCKET_GIT_SSH_ORIGIN}
            - git remote set-branches origin --add develop && git fetch
            - MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx2048m -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=256m" mvn checkstyle:check org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:sonar -B -U

Is this a known issue as I didn’t see any other reports via these discussions?

Thanks,

-Michael