0 files to be analyzed

command : sonar-scanner -Dsonar.organization=*** -Dsonar.projectKey=*** -Dsonar.sources=*** -Dsonar.cfamily.build-wrapper-output=build-wrapper -Dsonar.host.url=https://sonarcloud.io -Dsonar.scm.disabled=true

there will be 0 files to be analyzed, so why would this happen?

and
without the -Dsonar.scm.disabled=true, the execution will be ok, while all files are ignored.
with the -Dsonar.scm.disabled=true, the execution will throw exception like
java.lang.StackOverflowError
at org.sonar.channel.CodeReader.popTo(CodeReader.java:141)
at org.sonar.plugins.html.lex.ElementTokenizer.handleBeforeNodeName(ElementTokenizer.java:180)
at org.sonar.plugins.html.lex.ElementTokenizer.parseToken(ElementTokenizer.java:127)
at org.sonar.plugins.html.lex.ElementTokenizer.parseToken(ElementTokenizer.java:96)
at org.sonar.plugins.html.lex.ElementTokenizer.addNode(ElementTokenizer.java:55)
at org.sonar.plugins.html.lex.AbstractTokenizer.consume(AbstractTokenizer.java:94)
at org.sonar.plugins.html.lex.NormalElementTokenizer.consume(NormalElementTokenizer.java:46)
at org.sonar.plugins.html.lex.PageLexer.nestedParse(PageLexer.java:109)
at org.sonar.plugins.html.lex.ElementTokenizer.parseNestedTag(ElementTokenizer.java:116)
at org.sonar.plugins.html.lex.ElementTokenizer.nestedTag(ElementTokenizer.java:103)
at org.sonar.plugins.html.lex.ElementTokenizer.parseToken(ElementTokenizer.java:84)
at org.sonar.plugins.html.lex.ElementTokenizer.addNode(ElementTokenizer.java:55)
at org.sonar.plugins.html.lex.AbstractTokenizer.consume(AbstractTokenizer.java:94)

Hi,

Can you provide the full analysis log for both scenarios?

Ann

build-wrapper.log (692.3 KB)
build-wrapper-dump.json (131.5 KB)

Hi,

I’m looking for the console output of the analysis command.

HTH,
Ann

command : sonar-scanner -Dsonar.organization=*** -Dsonar.projectKey=*** -Dsonar.sources=*** -Dsonar.cfamily.build-wrapper-output=build-wrapper -Dsonar.host.url=[https://sonarcloud.io]
withoutSCM.log (507.8 KB)
results can be uploaded to sonarcloud, while there are 0 lines indexed, 0 lines to be analyzed.

command: sonar-scanner -Dsonar.organization=*** -Dsonar.projectKey=*** -Dsonar.sources=*** -Dsonar.cfamily.build-wrapper-output=build-wrapper -Dsonar.host.url=https://sonarcloud.io -Dsonar.scm.disabled=true
sonnar-scanner executed error, files are indexed, while still 0 lines to be analyzed.
withSCM.log (455.9 KB)

and i use jenkins, sonarcloud dashboard shows

Hi,

Thanks for the logs. They’ve helped me better understand your OP.

This is actually two different things. I have no idea why all your files are ignored when you disable SCM.

I see a lot of this in that log:
11:20:51.816 DEBUG: File '/home/disk4/dulong/starrocks/be/...' is excluded by the scm ignore settings.

Normally, I’d go down that rabbit hole, but we try to keep it to one topic per thread; otherwise it gets messy, fast. And I think the StackOverflowError is more important so I’d like to focus this thread on that. And I’m going to refer this to more expert eyes.

Ann

I was able to upload scanner result with the -Dsonar.language=c++, not sure why could this happen. BTW, i’m wondering if the github pull request can sync the sonarcloud result???

Hi,

That parameter has no effect. It was dropped years ago.

Do you see any differences in the analysis logs?

Ann

i changed the sonar.Sources to code src directory instead of build output directory, and with the following Dsonar.scm.exclusions.disabled=true -Dsonar.scm.forceReloadAll=true -Dsonar.language=c++. In the previous log, i can see the some files are indexed with language ‘null’, i suppose some files postfix are not correct.

Okay, so this is worked out?

Ann

yes. now all goes well.