Where can we find the COBOL version associate to the dialect?

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• We are you using SonarQube Enterprise Edition - Version 8.9.6 build 50800
  • I’m trying to find the COBOL version associate to the ibm-enterprise-cobol dialect
  • Read the documentation but didn’t find this information

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

It’s not clear to me what you’re trying to learn. Are you asking what COBOL language version the IBM Enterprise dialect implements? Because that would be a question for IBM…

Ann

Hi Ann,

This is exactly what I’m trying to find out. I was assuming that because the property was in Sonar that I could find out here. I’ll look from IBM standpoint.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Steve

1 Like

Hi Ann,

I figured out that IBM Enterprise COBOL stands for several versions. In our case, we are running version 4.2 and the latest is 6.3. Is there a way to know until which version COBOL profile for ibm-enterprise-cobol dialect support or if it doesn’t matter?

Thanks again

Steve

Hi Steve,

I’m not confident I understand the question. We don’t provide dialect-specific Quality Profiles. Instead, what we do is occasionally update our parsing and rule implementations to correctly understand constructs added in newer language versions.

So… I believe you should be good to go with the standard Sonar way profile.

HTH,
Ann

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.