What is / who owns sonarplugins.com?

Hi Ann,

Yes, by the time I finished composing them email the message (while researching) I realized I may be repeated myself and have most of the answers already, so this is partly for Community knowledge as I did not see this clearly spelled out.

I now get that SonarSource has nothing to do with sonarplugins.com (and not to trust the aggregated content.). if I were SonarSource Legal, I’d still talk to them to make that more clear for us users given the TradeMarrk naming confusion potential and association,

The reason this all came up is a user asked me (Admin), “Can you please install these (bitegarden) plugins from sonarplugins.com?” Turns out it’s not listed in the internal Marketplace and I never heard of sonarplugins.com, so I dunno and instinctively did not trust.

But here for example, there’s a 3rd Party Commercial plugin for SonarQube that’s not listed in the internal Marketplace. Not clear why that would not be available ? Is it because It’s a Commercial Product so does not meet the FLOSS guidelines, that’s it’s a competitor to SonarSource feature / product or that it did not meet some other evaluation criteria to enter your Marketplace?

Now that I can see Deploying to the Marketplace information, I have some better understanding of how plugins get to your Marketplace or not. As a user however, I think there should be an explanation in the documentation for us to better understand what’s available through the Marketplace and what’s not and assurances are provided regarding their installation and use (ie: it works, it does what it says, it declares or has no any external connections, data exchange, etc)…

1 Like