What are the terms of service when sharing content privately with SonarSourcers

I’m not entirely sure what’s the best category for this topic, since it’s not necessarily tied with a specfic product, but is more of a meta question or discussion about the community.

The topic essentially boils down to this; Say I have some issue where I want to provide a reproducer. What I would like to do is to share it a SonarSourcer through a private message. The problem I have is that some of the content that is mostly likely embedded in that reproducer is intellectual property that belongs to the company I work for. As far as I can tell, neither of the terms of service, faq or privacy pages found here Terms of Service - Sonar Community seem to cover the conditions that apply when sharing content privately.

Having this clarified would be helpful. What I would hope for is that there terms of use would be acceptable at a level where the legal department at my company agrees that I can share sensitive intellectual property without needing someone at SonarSource to sign an NDA.

Hey there.

This isn’t forgotten – we’re having a discussion about this internally.

Hey there.

We’ve added a section to our FAQ that explicitly mentions sharing code and logs, and point to the T&Cs for SonarQube and SonarCloud users.

https://community.sonarsource.com/t/faq-guidelines/5#sharing-code-and-logscode-sharing-9

Let us know if this helps.