Upgrade Sonar Qube 9.0 to 9.24

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension) : 9.0 Developer
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this

Hi
We are using Sonar qube developer version 9.0 currently and looking to upgrade to 9.2.4. is there any guide to upgrade. Do we need to any intermediate release first.

Thanks
Sunil bindra

Hi Sunil,

There are no prerequisite upgrades; you can go directly from 9.0 to 9.2.4.

Regarding the actual upgrade procedure, there are a few things to check first, then the actual procedure is pretty straightforward.

HTH,
Ann

1 Like

Thanks Ann

i did follow all the following steps, but still version at the bottom it says same as previous:-

Steps I followed:-

1. Download unzip version,

2. My current Version is in C:\sonarqube*sonarqube-9.0.0.45539*

3. New Version I copied at this directory C:\sonarqube*sonarqube-9.2.4.50792*

4. Manually updated sonar.properties and wrapper.conf files (not copied from prev version) in new folder

5. Copy Secret file under conf folder from prev version

6. Run Bat file C:\sonarqube*sonarqube-9.0.0.45539*\bin\windows-x86-64*StopNTService.bat* to stop services

7. Then Run C:\sonarqube*sonarqube-9.2.4.50792*\bin\windows-x86-64*StartNTService.bat* file to start service.

8. Then Ran this sc config SonarQube binPath= ““C:\sonarqube*sonarqube-9.2.4.50792*\bin\windows-x86-64\wrapper.exe” -s “C:\sonarqube*sonarqube-9.2.4.50792*\conf\wrapper.conf””

9. then go to http://MYSonarQubeServerURL/setup.

10. It says “Databaseis up-to-date”.

When I check the version on home page it still says " * Developer Edition

• Version 9.0 (build 45539)"

Any Idea if I am missing anything here.

Also Windows Service is still pointing to Old Location. Do I need to delete Old service and run again bat to create new fresh service

Hi,

At a guess, when you run the script to turn off the old version, the service is kicking in to restart it automatically before you can get the new version started. So yes, I think you’ll need to update the service.

Ann