Unable to register extension A.A.A.A.A.A from plugin 'securitypythonfrontend'

Hello Everyone,

Started getting this issue this morning with no changes to our codebase.

• SonarCloud
  • Gradle Plugin 2.7 and 2.8
  • Java Project /JS Projects (no python)
  • Atlassian Pipelines Agent for build system.
  • Build during PR
  • What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:sonarqube’.
    Unable to register extension A.A.A.A.A.A from plugin ‘securitypythonfrontend’
    org.gradle.api.tasks.TaskExecutionException: Execution failed for task ‘:sonarqube’.
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to register extension A.A.A.A.A.A from plugin ‘securitypythonfrontend’
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sonar/sslr/grammar/GrammarRuleKey
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.sonar.sslr.grammar.GrammarRuleKey

Looks like its possible related to the sonar cache being saved in atlassian pipelines.

Hi @jgrodskiy, are you still encoutering the issue ?

Yes it is, I have narrowed it down to having to do with the Sonar cache (sonar: ~/.sonar/cache) on Atlassian Pipelines agent.
I have opened a ticket up with them also but they have no idea and claim no pipelines changes have went through.

If I delete the cache it will work and re-upload the cache but the next run will crash again with the same error.

Locally If i run i have no issues with the cache, and Locally if I run with docker and the same container I have no issues.

hello @jgrodskiy,

sorry for this issue, and thanks for reporting it. We would need more information to understand the root cause. Would it be possible for you to share cache content with us? You can do it privately if needed. Is it private or public project? Does it happen on all your projects, or only on this one?

Hey,

The projects are private, I can provided privately but currently I only have access to the cache locally. I can see if atlassian can provide the cache from the cloud for me…

Edit:
Yes this started happening on all our repos. Specifically on Pull Request builds which is when we run the scan. 90% of the projects use the boilerplate yaml generated by SonarCloud when adding a project.

Thanks