Unable to integrate the sonarqube with TFS 2013 xaml build

Hi All,

I have TFS2013 im using xaml build to run the sonarqube

I have installed sonarqube-5.1.2

Installed msbuildrunner version: MSBuild.SonarQube.Runner1.0

In xaml build i passed the pre and post build arguments along with msbuild runner path.

when i trigger the build im getting issue as below

3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
The SonarQube Scanner did not complete successfully
Post-processing failed. Exit code: 1
Exception Message: TF270015: ‘MSBuild.SonarQube.Runner.exe’ returned an unexpected exit code. Expected ‘0’; actual ‘1’. See the build logs for more details. (type UnexpectedExitCodeException)
Exception Stack Trace: at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

This is blocking us from many days FYI im using community version could you please help me to resolve this issue.

Hello @Yellesh_Rapolu,

The fact that you are using a (free) community version of SonarQube is not a showstopper to get help.
The fact that you are using SonarQube 5.1.2 and MSBuild.Runner 1.0 is… This is pre-history. All this was released about 5 years ago. We unfortunately can provide support on this.
You would need to upgrade to at least SonarQube 7.9 (LTS) or latest SonarQube 8.4.
Although we don’t specify our compatibility of recent version of MSBuild.Runner (now called Scanner For MSBuild) with TFS version, the TFS extension that embeds and automatically install the Scanner For MSBuild, requires TFS 2017 Update 2 or higher.

So unfortunately you are pulling a lot of dependencies, maybe difficult to handle for you. I sticking to XAML builds, abandoned by Microsoft since a long time, you did not help yourself too.