Unable to get the New Code Coverage

Hi,

We have Sonarcloud paid licence and I am trying to run the code scan for the Android app and I created a baseline version(Q3) for a specific date and want to know the new code coverage from start of Q3 till date with the latest changes, but the latest scan with present day code is replaced with the baseline(Q3) version which was created for past date and the new code is always coming as -

Though I tried multiple ways, I am unable to get the new code as its always showing -.

Please help.

I would like to add few pointers here, when I am running new code scan analysis, the previous or the last tagged or name version is replaced with the latest scan and it is unable to find the new code as the reference is always pointing to new code scan

Hi Sampath Kumar, welcome to our Community forum.

Are the other New Code measures shown on the Summary page what you expect? Number of new bugs, and new code smells, for example?

You can check what is considered as “New code” on the Code page. New code is highlighted with a yellow background. On that page, is the new code since the analysis you labelled with versions Q3 highlighted as New code or not? Are the New code lines shown as covered?

If the measures and new code are correct, then it may be a coverage issue, and not a New code period issue. I would suggest to double check the coverage report configuration, to be sure it is provided when running the scan.

If they are not, it could be a New code period configuration issue.
If you hover the “New code: since…” header on the Summary page, a tool-tip displays the start date of the period. Is it showing the date of the analysis you labeled as “Q3”, or some other date?

new_code_tooltip