Trying to configure Sonar analysis for one of our repository which is using .NET code.Developers build in visual studio and move the bin folder to servers,Is it failing as build is done manually?

Time Elapsed 00:00:02.62

check_suite_focus=true#step:7:37)SonarScanner for MSBuild 5.3.1

check_suite_focus=true#step:7:38)Using the .NET Core version of the Scanner for MSBuild

check_suite_focus=true#step:7:39)Post-processing started.

check_suite_focus=true#step:7:40)07:50:20.93 The SonarScanner for MSBuild integration failed: SonarCloud was unable to collect the required information about your projects.

65?check_suite_focus=true#step:7:41)Possible causes:
check_suite_focus=true#step:7:42)07:50:20.93 Generation of the sonar-properties file failed. Unable to complete the analysis.

check_suite_focus=true#step:7:43) 1. The project has not been built - the project must be built in between the begin and end steps

check_suite_focus=true#step:7:44) 2. An unsupported version of MSBuild has been used to build the project. Currently MSBuild 14.0.25420.1 and higher are supported.

65?check_suite_focus=true#step:7:45) 3. The begin, build and end steps have not all been launched from the same folder

check_suite_focus=true#step:7:46) 4. None of the analyzed projects have a valid ProjectGuid and you have not used a solution (.sln)
check_suite_focus=true#step:7:47)07:50:20.935 Post-processing failed. Exit code: 1

check_suite_focus=true#step:7:48)Error: Process completed with exit code 1.

Hey @BhagyaRedd , thank you for using our product.

I would really recommend you reading this guideline on how to properly use .NET scanner.

Basically, you need to run your build between start and end steps on the scan and on the very same machine.

Feel free to ask me a questions if you meet any difficulties following the guide I gave you.