Trouble generating JaCoCo XML format

I have similar issue. I am using jacoco version 0.8.6. On executing through mvn build, i get the following error “java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to parse JaCoCo XML report:”. The jacoco.xml file is getting generated, but it is in the same format as like jacoco.exec file. And hence the error says unable to parse the file.
Looks like i am missing something to generate in the proper xml format. I have set the sonar.coverage.jacoco.xmlReportPaths as well. So could you please help me with property that i need to set for generating the report in xml format. I am using maven pom.xml file to build my application.

Here is my snapshot of error trace
[ERROR] Coverage report ‘C:\Users…\target\coverage-reports\jacoco.xml’ could not be read/imported. Error: {}
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to parse JaCoCo XML report: C:\Users…\target\coverage-reports\jacoco.xml
at org.sonar.plugins.jacoco.XmlReportParser.parse(XmlReportParser.java:96)
at org.sonar.plugins.jacoco.JacocoSensor.importReport(JacocoSensor.java:73)
at org.sonar.plugins.jacoco.JacocoSensor.importReports(JacocoSensor.java:64)

Hi @Obuli_Sankar, welcome to the SonarSource Community!

We have a guide dedicated to this topic. Please have a look there and follow the instructions carefully. It looks like you may not have adjusted your pom.xml properly to stop building the exec format and instead build the XML.