There is a pending analysis when we run the code on background tasks

Hi

when i run sonar scanner to get result of the code in command prompt it shows “EXECUTION SUCCESS”, to check the result in dashboard it displays " There is a pending analysis. More details available on the Background Tasks page." from morning it was still showing as pending as in attached pic.

So please help me out.

1 Like

Hi,

What does the Background Tasks page show?

Ann

same as in pic which i attached above.

Hi,

The screenshot above shows that you have 1 pending analysis. Does that mean that there’s an analysis that’s been processing for a long time and hogging the compute engine or that nothing is processing and the compute engine apparently isn’t running?

Ann

Hi Ann,

I am trying to Restart Server in path(Administrator/System), then this pop-up window with message as “Server is restarting. This page will be automatically refreshed.” from past 6 hours, i have attached the screenshot below.

So please can you help me out.

Hi,

In looking back, I don’t see what version of SonarQube you’re running. Assuming it’s a recent one, SonarQube has 2 shutdown modes, what I’ll call hard (kill all current CE tasks and shut down) and soft (wait for the current task to finish, then shut down even if the queue isn’t empty). What’s initiated from the UI is a soft shutdown. At a guess, you have a CE job that’s hung up, i.e. the thing I asked about above

I’d start by checking the ce.log ($SONARQUBE-HOME/logs/ce.log) but probably at this point you’re going to need to hard-stop the process from a terminal.

HTH,
Ann

I have same problem. Please help me out to resolve the issue. The execution was successful in command prompt. But its not getting updated in SonarQube dashboard and I restarted the server and its taking long time to get restarted.

Hi @Vignesh,

Welcome to the community!

Have you checked your server logs? And if so, what - if any - errors do you see in them? Also, what version of SonarQube are you on?

Ann

Hi, I had the same problem, and i finalized the Java.exe in “Administrador de Tareas”, i don’t know the english name, but i did that an went to the file of Java 11 and excecuted the Java.exe again and finally started SonarQube, and it works. I hope you can understan what isaid, my english isn’t good. Good luck.

1 Like