The total number of SonarQube issues fluctuate briefly at times

As you can see in the screenshots below, for reasons that are unclear to my team and I is that the total number of SonarQube issues sometimes changes between brief periods of time.
I’ve been looking around the web, but couldn’t find any similar questions around, but we’re suspecting that it might have something to do with running multiple (Angular front-end) builds in our Jenkins pipeline as opposed to a single one.
Is this a familiar problem to anyone?

Hi,

You’re seeing Code Smell and Bug counts toggle back and forth at intervals. There are several possible causes of this. The easy ones are:

• Quality Profile changes (they would be noted in the list of analyses on the left and that’s not showing up in your screenshots, but for thoroughness…)
  • Changes to what’s analyzed (can you check the graph of LOC to see if it fluctuates too?)
    • sonar.sources
    • exclusions settings
    • changes to what’s checked out

It could also be worth looking at analysis logs if you still have them.

I’ll be honest & say that we see something like this about every 9-12 months & rarely is the cause reported back to us. I don’t know if it’s because people never figure it out or because they just don’t get around to letting us know.

Ann

Thanks for reaching out Ann,

I’m in the process of looking into the possible causes that you gave and so far I’ve been able to check that there were no Quality Profile changes during that exact time.
Languages being used:
HTML, CSS & Typescript

:point_down: Screenshots take June 25th:

2nd Post because of restriction on posting screenshots.

The Lines of Code show no changes either during that time:

A colleague did observe that the difference in issues during the ‘bump’ that we experienced is extremely close to the number of our (registered to SonarQube) ESlint errors. Therefore there might be a possibility that our linter errors weren’t fed to SonarQube at the moment of the ‘bump’.
I might know more when I gain access to the location of the Analysis Logs, which is now only accessible to our DevOps engineers. I’m hoping that’ll be oncoming week. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

Kind regards,
Randy

1 Like

Hi Randy,

Thanks for checking in.

This is intriguing. I look forward to hearing more. And I’ll try to remember this in future if we get similar reports.

Ann

1 Like

Well that took some time, sorry about that Ann.
However, I did manage to get my hands on some logs.

As you can see on the 2 images below, we had a drop in the number of SonarQube issues on November the 11th 4:39PM and the 14th 10:50AM. Now, I’ve been going over them but I find it very hard to deduce what is going wrong -or different- at these 2 moments.
Apparently there are 5 different types of logging and I’m guessing the ce.2022-11-(11/14).log might hold the answer since that’s where most of the activity is taking place. However, while there are plenty of INFO and DEBUG lines there are no obvious ERROR lines to direct my search. Other than that there’s plenty of logging going on just before 4:39PM (NOV 11th) and 10:50AM (NOV 14th), but as far as I can tell there’s not something explicitly different going on that I can’t find at other moments in time.

It rather feels like looking for a needle in a haystack, but if you’re willing to have a look for yourself you can find the the logs if you follow the link at the bottom.

Hi,

Rather than the server-side logging, the CI-side analysis logs are going to be more useful here. Can you get ahold of before/during/after the dip? Ideally, we’ll be able to compare all 3…

Ann

Hi Ann,

I got my hands on some CI logs!
Specifically, the logs (of the SonarQube step) of 3 consecutive runs:

pipeline_sq

ver1.0.4242.txt (492.6 KB) has the normal amount of issues, ver1.0.4243.txt (1.4 MB) has the mysterious drop and ver1.0.4244.txt (493.3 KB) is back to the normal amount of issues.

To illustrate, ver1.0.4242 (regular amount of issues):

ver1.0.4243 (the drop):

ver1.0.4244 (back to the regular amount of issues):

I have to say that I have limited experience in reading log files, but the thing that catches my eye (apart from the obvious file size) is the far greater number of warnings of no input file found.
For example, when there’s no drop in issues this is what I see for the ‘Account’ lib:

Summary

14:06:05 INFO: Importing /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/./code-analysis/lint-report/account-account.json
14:06:05 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/jest.config.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
14:06:05 INFO: Importing /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/./code-analysis/lint-report/account-api.json
14:06:05 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/api/jest.config.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
14:06:05 INFO: Importing /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/./code-analysis/lint-report/account-application-service.json
14:06:05 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/jest.config.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
14:06:05 INFO: Importing /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/./code-analysis/lint-report/account-data-access.json
14:06:05 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/data-access/jest.config.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
14:06:05 INFO: Importing /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/./code-analysis/lint-report/account-domain.json
14:06:05 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/jest.config.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
14:06:05 INFO: Importing /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/./code-analysis/lint-report/account-util.json
14:06:05 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/util/jest.config.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.

However, when there is a drop I get the following list of warnings for ‘Account’:

Summary (Huge Increase)

12:21:16 INFO: Importing /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master@2/./code-analysis/lint-report/account-account.json
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/jest.config.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/index.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/account.module.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/account.module.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/add-user/add-user.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/add-user/add-user.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/add-user/add-user.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/domain/group.domain.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/domain/group.domain.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/find-users/contact-user-list/contact-user-list.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/find-users/contact-user-list/contact-user-list.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/find-users/contact-user-list/contact-user-list.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/find-users/contact-user-list/contact-user-search.service.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/find-users/find-users-text.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/find-users/find-users.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/find-users/find-users.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/find-users/find-users.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/find-users/user-list/user-list.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/find-users/user-list/user-list.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/find-users/user-list/user-list.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/forms/newuser.validators.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/forms/unique-organization.validator.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-active-token/account-active-token.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-active-token/account-active-token.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-active-token/account-active-token.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-active-token/my-account-active-token-summary/my-account-active-token-summary.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-active-token/my-account-active-token-summary/my-account-active-token-summary.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-active-token/my-account-active-token-summary/my-account-active-token-summary.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-details-form/account-details-form.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-details-form/account-details-form.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-details-form/account-details-form.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-details/account-details.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-details/account-details.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-details/account-details.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-remove-mfa/account-remove-mfa.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-remove-mfa/account-remove-mfa.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-remove-mfa/account-remove-mfa.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-setup-mfa/account-setup-mfa.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-setup-mfa/account-setup-mfa.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/account-setup-mfa/account-setup-mfa.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/add-external-request-popup/add-external-request-popup.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/add-external-request-popup/add-external-request-popup.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/add-external-request-popup/add-external-request-popup.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/add-ms365-shared-mailbox/add-ms365-shared-mailbox.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/add-ms365-shared-mailbox/add-ms365-shared-mailbox.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/add-ms365-shared-mailbox/add-ms365-shared-mailbox.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/change-password/change-password-form/change-password-form.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/change-password/change-password-form/change-password-form.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/change-password/change-password-form/change-password-form.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/change-password/change-password.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/change-password/change-password.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/change-password/change-password.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/external-access-request/external-access-request.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/external-access-request/external-access-request.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/external-access-request/external-access-request.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/external-access-request/services/external-access-request-query.service.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/external-access-request/services/external-access-request-query.service.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/external-access-request/services/external-access-request-tabledata.service.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/external-access-request/services/external-access-request-tabledata.service.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/ms365-add-mailbox-consent/ms365-add-mailbox-consent.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/ms365-add-mailbox-consent/ms365-add-mailbox-consent.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/my-account/ms365-add-mailbox-consent/ms365-add-mailbox-consent.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/roles-by-organization/roles-by-organization.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/roles-by-organization/roles-by-organization.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/roles-by-organization/roles-by-organization.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/shared/testData/contact-user.testdata.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/shared/testData/regular-user.testdata.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/user-details-edit-form/account-delete-confirm-popup/account-delete-confirm-popup.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/user-details-edit-form/account-delete-confirm-popup/account-delete-confirm-popup.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/user-details-edit-form/account-delete-confirm-popup/account-delete-confirm-popup.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/user-details-edit-form/user-details-edit-form.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/user-details-edit-form/user-details-edit-form.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/user-details-edit-form/user-details-edit-form.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/user-details-edit.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/user-details-edit.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/user-details-edit.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/view-account-active-token/account-active-token-summary/account-active-token-summary.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/view-account-active-token/account-active-token-summary/account-active-token-summary.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/view-account-active-token/account-active-token-summary/account-active-token-summary.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/view-account-active-token/view-account-active-token.component.html. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/view-account-active-token/view-account-active-token.component.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/user-details-edit/view-account-active-token/view-account-active-token.component.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/validator/backoffice-username.validator.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/lib/validator/backoffice-username.validator.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/account/src/test-setup.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 INFO: Importing /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master@2/./code-analysis/lint-report/account-api.json
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/api/jest.config.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/api/src/index.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/api/src/lib/account-api.service.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/api/src/lib/account-api.service.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/api/src/test-setup.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 INFO: Importing /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master@2/./code-analysis/lint-report/account-application-service.json
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/jest.config.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/index.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/account-application-service.module.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/account-management/account-management-extended.reducer.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/account-management/account-management-extended.reducer.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/account-management/account-management.actions.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/account-management/account-management.effects.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/account-management/account-management.effects.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/account-management/account-management.reducer.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/account-management/account-management.reducer.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/account-management/account-management.selector.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/account-management/account-management.selectors.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/my-account/my-account-external-organization.reducer.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/my-account/my-account-external-organization.reducer.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/my-account/my-account-initial-state.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/my-account/my-account-state.interface.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/my-account/my-account.actions.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/my-account/my-account.effects.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/my-account/my-account.effects.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/my-account/my-account.reducer.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/my-account/my-account.reducer.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/my-account/my-account.selector.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/my-account/my-account.selectors.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/service/implemented-my-account.service.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/service/implemented-my-account.service.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/service/organization.service.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/service/user-search.service.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/service/user.service.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/lib/service/user.service.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/application-service/src/test-setup.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 INFO: Importing /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master@2/./code-analysis/lint-report/account-data-access.json
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/data-access/jest.config.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/data-access/src/index.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/data-access/src/lib/account.gateway.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/data-access/src/lib/account.gateway.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/data-access/src/lib/mocks/account-ref.mock.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/data-access/src/lib/my-organization-account-refs-data.service.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/data-access/src/lib/user-data.service.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/data-access/src/test-setup.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 INFO: Importing /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master@2/./code-analysis/lint-report/account-domain.json
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/jest.config.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/index.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/bankaccount.domain.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/contactdetails.domain.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/credential.domain.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/group.domain.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/mock/account.mock.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/mock/external-access-request.mock.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/myaccount.domain.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/myaccount.domain.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/organization.domain.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/organization.domain.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/permitted-organization.domain.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/permitted-organization.domain.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/relationship.domain.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/relationship.domain.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/roles-by-organization.domain.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/roles-by-organization.domain.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/selectable-organization.domain.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/selectable-organization.domain.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/user.domain.spec.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/lib/user.domain.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/domain/src/test-setup.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 INFO: Importing /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master@2/./code-analysis/lint-report/account-util.json
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/util/jest.config.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/util/src/index.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/util/src/lib/interface/add-user.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/util/src/lib/interface/roles-by-organization.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.
12:21:16 WARN: No input file found for /(…)/jenkins/workspace/HUB_hub-branch_master/libs/account/util/src/test-setup.ts. No ESLint issues will be imported on this file.

Having said that I have no idea what’s behind this increase of warnings. :thinking:

Hi,

What’s the context for those “importing…” and “not found” messages? There should be log lines before they start indicating what action is (supposed to be) taking place. “Importing” is not something I remember seeing in analysis logs before…

Ann

Hi Ann,

I asked around and the *.json files that are being imported are the ESLint reports created by the ESLint tool that we’re using. These ESLint reports are being fed to SonarQube. For some files it makes sense that they are not being found (e.g. jest.config.ts), for others it is not.
Why the latter happens sometimes is what got us stumped.

Hi,

Okay so we’ve made some progress here. To summarize:

• You see large fluctuations in your issue counts
  • They seem to track to whether or not some or all ESLint reports are imported

So my next question is: can you confirm that on a low-issues analysis all the ESLint reports existed? I.e. is this a failure on the analysis side to pick up files that were actually there? Or is the problem before analysis in the generation of those files?

Ann

Hi Ann,

Just wanted to thank you for your help, but the past few months we’ve started a new project on a new repository and all our time and effort went into that.
Therefore this topic can be closed, but hopefully it has at least been somewhat insightful when this happens 9-12 months from now to someone else. :wink:

Final screenshot just to wrap things up.

1 Like