The rule 'SwiftLint:computed_accessors_order' does not exist

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this

Sonar Qube Version : 6.7.7 LTS
Sonar Scanner Version : Latest version 4.7

Facing issue below:

WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations

WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

INFO: Sensor SonarJavaXmlFileSensor [java]

INFO: Sensor SonarJavaXmlFileSensor [java] (done) | time=2ms

INFO: Sensor Analyzer for “php.ini” files [php]

INFO: Sensor Analyzer for “php.ini” files [php] (done) | time=3ms

INFO: Sensor SwiftLint [backelitesonarswiftplugin]

INFO: Processing SwiftLint report sonar-reports/Staging-swiftlint.txt

INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFO: EXECUTION FAILURE

INFO: Total time: 2.970s

INFO: Final Memory: 7M/30M

ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution

ERROR: The rule ‘SwiftLint:computed_accessors_order’ does not exist.

ERROR:

Much information when running :sonar-scanner -X

16:09:23.158 DEBUG: record issue /Users/karthikeyanselvam/Documents/Kuwy_Pro/KuwyV3_Oct_2022/Kuwy/CustomClasses/FloatingTextField/SkyFloatingLabelTextField.swift:56:9: warning: Computed Accessors Order Violation: Computed properties should declare first the getter and then the setter. (computed_accessors_order)

16:09:23.169 DEBUG: ‘Kuwy/CustomClasses/FloatingTextField/SkyFloatingLabelTextField.swift’ generated metadata with charset ‘UTF-8’

16:09:23.269 INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------

16:09:23.269 INFO: EXECUTION FAILURE

16:09:23.269 INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------

16:09:23.269 INFO: Total time: 2.905s

16:09:23.293 INFO: Final Memory: 7M/34M

16:09:23.293 INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------

16:09:23.293 ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution

The rule ‘SwiftLint:computed_accessors_order’ does not exist.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

6.7.7 → 7.9.6 → 8.9.10 → 9.7 (last step optional)

You may find the Upgrade Guide and the LTS-to-LTS Upgrade Notes helpful. If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

If your error persists after upgrade, please come back to us.

HTH,
Ann

I have downloaded SonarQube 8.9.10 LTS. We did not face any issues. My other teammates using SonarQube 6.7.7 LTS running successfully in their projects on Windows machines. How could that be possible? If it is EOL, then should I have moved to the latest one?

Kindly suggest

Hi,

Does this mean that each developer has a separate, local installation of SonarQube? That’s really not what should be happening, in our opinion.

Ideally, you’re going to have one, centralized SonarQube instance, with analysis hooked into your CI/CD pipeline.

Ann

I am working on Mac OS environment, iOS Project development and following these steps

1. Download Sonarqube LTS version 6.7.7 (Download | SonarQube)
  2. Download and install dependencies and Sonar-Swift from GitHub - Idean/sonar-swift: Open source Swift plugin for SonarQube (also supports Objective-C) (including sonar-scanner)
  3. Download sonar-project.properties (Properties file for running Swift projects in Sonarqube. It needs the open source sonar-swift plugin. · GitHub) and configure it according to your project. Place it in your project root folder.
  4. Download run-sonar-swift.sh (Script used for running Swift projects in Sonarqube. There is just a small change to the original: includedCommandLineFlags=" --include .*/${currentDirectory}/${word}/*" · GitHub), place it in somewhere in your mac and add to path (/etc/paths). I did a small change in the script because oclint was not running properly.
  5. Start your Sonarqube server (sonar.sh console in sonar folder) and run run-sonar-swift.sh in your project root folder. You should be done.

We have modified the sonar-project.property file as per our procedure.

Hi,

As I said, you should

1. upgrade to a current version
  2. centralize this so everyone on the team is using the same instance of SonarQube - with the same rule set and Quality Gate.

HTH,
Ann

Thanks for the quick support, let us check on it… :slight_smile: