Hi Java developers,
We released the parsing and the analysis of Java 16 projects with SonarQube 9.0.
Java 16 brings many new features and especially the long expected records. I am therefore very happy to announce that we created 9 new rules dedicated to Java 16 and updated 20 existing ones.
- S6201: Pattern Matching for “instanceof” operator should be used instead of simple “instanceof” + cast
- S6204: “Stream.toList()” method should be used instead of “collectors” when unmodifiable list needed
- S6206: Records should be used instead of ordinary classes when representing immutable data structure
- S6207: Redundant constructors/methods should be avoided in records
- S6209: Members ignored during record serialization should not be used
- S6211: Custom getter method should not be used to override record’s getter behavior
- S6216: Reflection should not be used to increase accessibility of records’ fields
- S6218: Equals method should be overridden in records containing array fields
- S6219: ‘serialVersionUID’ field should not be set to ‘0L’ in records
This is available now on SonarCloud and will come with SonarQube 9.1.