Support for Kotlin 1.4

Hi,

Kotlin 1.4 was released recently, could you update the parser to be able to handle new syntax changes especially trailing comma because actually it cannot convert file due to syntactic errors.

Thanks.

Alexandre

3 Likes

I just wanted to report the same. The Kotlin scanner falls over the trailing comma of Kotlin 1.4 source code. If you want to see an example, check this: https://github.com/nelkinda/gameoflife-kotlin
Specifically these two files:

1 Like

I’d like too report this as well. The number classes with trailing commas is growing quickly in our codebase and parser just fails with Kotlin parser failure on it rendering the analysis unusable.

Hello,

I confirm that we do not fully support Kotlin 1.4, I created a ticket (SONARSLANG-493) to track this problem.

Thanks for the feedback.

Best,
Quentin

1 Like

I saw that the Kotlin 1.4 ticket was fixed, can we get an update for SonarQube Scanner for Gradle?

2 Likes

Hello,

I confirm that this ticket has been fixed. It is already available for SonarCloud and will be available in SonarQube 8.6.

Best,
Quentin

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.