Sudden ERROR: You're not authorized to run analysis. Please contact the project administrator

Hello. I have around 20 projects running and executing analysis. Suddenly one project that has been working for a long time starts to throw an error:

ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution
##[error]You’re not authorized to run analysis. Please contact the project administrator.

I set up debug mode and it seems the post-call to Sonarcloud is throwing a 403. I checked permissions and the user that setup the job (which is myself) has Execute Analysis permissions.

The post call that is throwing errors is (I changed the organization / project_key / project_name values because of privacy):

DEBUG: POST 403 https://sonarcloud.io/api/ce/submit?organization=XYZYX&projectKey=PROJECT_XYZ&projectName=PROJECT_XYZ | time=526ms

Please let me know how to proceed.

Hi,

Can you verify that the token used for analysis of that project is either not revoked and/or the same one that’s used for the projects that still succeed?

Ann

Hi. I’ve verified the token is valid. I’ve even created a new token and setup that token in the Azure build pipeline. But problem persist.

Hello @caraujo84,

I started a private thread with you, so you can pass me the organization and project key in secure manner.

Best,
Marcin

1 Like

Hello @caraujo84,

Can you retry the analysis? Do you still experience the issue?

Best,
Marcin

@Marcin_Majewski @ganncamp we had this problem also for last 2 days but only in 1 repo (out of 20 repos) and only for analysis on ‘master’ branch, not for PR branches. It’s working now for us too. What was the root cause?

Hi @Marcin_Majewski - the error disappeared (with no changes from our side). We are good now.

Thanks!

@Marcin_Majewski @ganncamp any comments on my question?

Hello @bparthas21,

We deployed a new firewall recently and unfortunately, one rule blocked one of your analyses. The impact was very low and we did revert the change. We will do a thorough investigation before moving forward and re-enabling rules.

Best,
Marcin