OSx Mojave 10.14.6
cd to $sonarqube_home
2018.08.13 10:46:45 INFO app[o.s.a.es.EsSettings] Elasticsearch listening on /127.0.0.1:9001
2018.08.13 10:46:45 INFO app[o.s.a.p.ProcessLauncherImpl] Launch process[[key='es', ipcIndex=1, logFilenamePrefix=es]] from [/Users/.../Documents/dev/apps/sonarqube-6.7.4/elasticsearch]: /Users/.../Documents/dev/apps/sonarqube-6.7.4/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch -Epath.conf=/Users/.../Documents/dev/apps/sonarqube-6.7.4/temp/conf/es
2018.08.13 10:46:45 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] Waiting for Elasticsearch to be up and running
2018.08.13 10:46:45 INFO app[o.e.p.PluginsService] no modules loaded
2018.08.13 10:46:45 INFO app[o.e.p.PluginsService] loaded plugin [org.elasticsearch.transport.Netty4Plugin]
Error: Could not find or load main class -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
2018.08.13 10:46:46 WARN app[o.s.a.p.AbstractProcessMonitor] Process exited with exit value [es]: 1
This seems to be related to elasticsearch and modified elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch to remove double quote around each variable. Line 190 now looks like:
I realize this is an older version and the 8.1 elasticsearch script seems to have changed quite a bit, but what gives? I seem to remember changing the script in 4.x versions as well but my hacks aren’t working this time.
I did redownload and the byte size is exactly the same as the file I had from 2018, 159614083. After unzipping the elasticsearch script also looks the same. Hmm, I also downloaded the latest 6.7.7 and see no difference there either. Hmmm.
Okay, I guess the log snippet you provided initially was from sonar.log? What errors do you see in the other logs? Also, it would be helpful to have full stacktraces rather than just the initial ERROR lines.
nothing interesting here, this is after the modification I made and even moved the directory to /opt/s to try and get rid of the File name too long error. No es.log as it doesn’t startup. If I run the complete java command elasticsearch starts properly so it seems related to the script itself. My bash skills aren’t great so that’s why I am posting. Thanks for any guidance you can provide!
restoring the original state leads us back to the original message “Could not find or load main class -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC” at the top of the topic. Attaching the entire log if you find something interesting.sonar.orig.txt (3.1 KB)