SonarScanner does not support newest version of Bullseye coverage reports

• SonarQube version 8.5.0.37579 - Developer Edition

• Bullseye version 8.20.0

• Error when parsing coverage report:

14:36:33.639 INFO: Sensor bullseye [cpp]
14:36:33.642 INFO: Parsing C:\GitLab-Runner\builds\xTTxSxm8\0\blueconnect\SmartBlue_QtApp.\coverage.xml
14:36:33.664 INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
14:36:33.664 INFO: EXECUTION FAILURE
14:36:33.664 INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
14:36:33.674 INFO: Total time: 13.544s
14:36:33.714 INFO: Final Memory: 22M/80M
14:36:33.714 INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
14:36:33.714 ERROR: Error during SonarQube Scanner execution
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: line 3: Unsupported coverage version: 6. This parser only handles versions [3, 4, 5]
at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.bullseye.BullseyeParser.error(BullseyeParser.java:193)
at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.bullseye.BullseyeParser.parseRootNode(BullseyeParser.java:66)
at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.bullseye.BullseyeParser.access$000(BullseyeParser.java:26)
at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.bullseye.BullseyeParser$1.stream(BullseyeParser.java:49)
at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.cppunit.StaxParser.parse(StaxParser.java:67)
at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.cppunit.StaxParser.parse(StaxParser.java:62)
at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.cppunit.StaxParser.parse(StaxParser.java:55)
at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.bullseye.BullseyeParser.parse(BullseyeParser.java:53)
at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.bullseye.BullseyeSensor.execute(BullseyeSensor.java:48)
at org.sonar.scanner.sensor.AbstractSensorWrapper.analyse(AbstractSensorWrapper.java:48)
at org.sonar.scanner.sensor.ModuleSensorsExecutor.execute(ModuleSensorsExecutor.java:85)
at org.sonar.scanner.sensor.ModuleSensorsExecutor.lambda$execute$1(ModuleSensorsExecutor.java:59)
at org.sonar.scanner.sensor.ModuleSensorsExecutor.withModuleStrategy(ModuleSensorsExecutor.java:77)
at org.sonar.scanner.sensor.ModuleSensorsExecutor.execute(ModuleSensorsExecutor.java:59)
at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ModuleScanContainer.doAfterStart(ModuleScanContainer.java:82)
at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:137)
at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:123)
at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ProjectScanContainer.scan(ProjectScanContainer.java:393)
at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ProjectScanContainer.scanRecursively(ProjectScanContainer.java:389)
at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ProjectScanContainer.doAfterStart(ProjectScanContainer.java:358)
at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:137)
at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:123)
at org.sonar.scanner.bootstrap.GlobalContainer.doAfterStart(GlobalContainer.java:144)
at org.sonar.batch.bootstrapper.Batch.doExecute(Batch.java:72)
at org.sonar.batch.bootstrapper.Batch.execute(Batch.java:66)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.batch.BatchIsolatedLauncher.execute(BatchIsolatedLauncher.java:46)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.IsolatedLauncherProxy.invoke(IsolatedLauncherProxy.java:60)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.doExecute(EmbeddedScanner.java:185)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.execute(EmbeddedScanner.java:137)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.execute(Main.java:112)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.execute(Main.java:75)
at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.main(Main.java:61)
14:36:33.720 ERROR:

This occurred after updating Bullseye coverage tool to the newest version, which leads to a new version in its XML coverage report. Could you make SonarScanner compatible with the newest Bullseye version?

<BullseyeCoverage name="test.cov" dir="c:/Users/Public/Documents/" buildId="dadce482_2020-10-19_14:35:36" version="6" xmlns="https://www.bullseye.com/covxml"
fn_cov="17787" fn_total="50312" cd_cov="20086" cd_total="132145" d_cov="16106" d_total="101389">

Hi @colin1993,

I created a ticket to add support for v6 reports: https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/CPP-2720.
Do you know if v6 reports start with Bullseye version 8.20?

1 Like

Hi @mpaladin,

Thanks for your support! Yes, it does. I downgraded Bullseye to 8.19.4 for getting coverage reports until SonarQube supports the new version.

1 Like

Hi @colin1993,

thank you for notification.

Hi @colin1993,

if I send you a PM would you be able to share with me a v6 report? I need it to test that we’re correctly adding its support.

Hi @mpaladin,

yes, I can provide a v6 report. Although I’m not sure what exactly was changed in the coverage reports from Bullseye.

Hi @colin1993,

thank you, I sent you a PM. They added block element (see BullseyeCoverage Help).

I updated https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/CPP-2720 description.

1 Like

Hi @colin1993,

thank you for your help, support for v6 reports has been added and it’s going to come with the next release.

1 Like

Hi @mpaladin

Great news, thank you for your support!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

For the record, the fix is available has part of SonarQube Developer Edition 8.6.

2 Likes