Sonarqube upgrade from 8.4.2 to 10.3 V

Using version 8.4.2 now Am trying to upgrade to latest LTS Version 10.3, I copied the files in path /conf/sonar.properties to recent 10.3 version, and data files inside new 10.3 folder, I started the sonarqube faced error in java version So I updated the java version to 17, and it worked then I faced error in web up ( 2024.02.19 11:19:26 WARN web[o.s.c.a.AnnotationConfigApplicationContext] Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‚Äėjdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader@5ffd2b27-org.sonar.server.platform.DatabaseServerCompatibility‚Äô: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is Current version is too old. Please upgrade to Long Term Support version firstly.
2024.02.19 11:19:26 ERROR web[o.s.s.p.PlatformImpl] Web server startup failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‚Äėjdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader@5ffd2b27-org.sonar.server.platform.DatabaseServerCompatibility‚Äô: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is Current version is too old. Please upgrade to Long Term Support version firstly.
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:628)). it got connected to postgres but it showed too old version update to latest version, So I updated to latest version postgres of 16.2 from 9.6 with pgupgrade command, after Upgrade I tried still facing the error. please help me on this.

This has nothing to do with database version.

You need to follow the upgrade path from 8.4.2 ‚Üí 8.9 ‚Üí 9.9 ‚Üí 10.4

1 Like

[e[1;31mERRORe[m] Failed to execute goal e[32morg.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.8.0.2131:sonare[m e[1m(default-cli)e[m on project e[36mmetricse[m: e[1;31mExecution default-cli of goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.8.0.2131:sonar failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.8.0.2131:sonar: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/sonar/batch/bootstrapper/EnvironmentInformation has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0e[m am facing this error while running sonar-scanner for java8 code base, am using maven version 3.9.6, <plugin> <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId> <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId> <version>3.7.0</version> <version>3.11.0</version> <configuration> <source>1.8</source> <target>1.8</target> @@ -116,7 +117,7 @@ <plugin> <groupId>org.sonarsource.scanner.maven</groupId> <artifactId>sonar-maven-plugin</artifactId> <version>3.8.0.2131</version> <version>3.10.0.2594</version> </plugin> </plugins> </build> using sonarqube version 9.9

Hey @Harish2

Please take the time to format your post.