which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
- SonarQube Enterprise Version 184.108.40.206595
- Scanner: Default
- Plugins: None
how is SonarQube deployed: zip, Docker, Helm
- SonarQube Enterprise is deployed as standalone on an AWS EC2 instance via zip file
what are you trying to achieve
- Migrate production sonarqube to a new server without impacting existing production sonarqube.
- Updating database hosting from postgres on the same server as sonarqube to RDS Postgres.
what have you tried so far to achieve this
- Created a new server and installed sonarqube 9.9 from zip
- Created a new RDS Postgres DB with data export from current sonarqube postgres db. This would invalidate the current license according to https://docs.sonarsource.com/sonarqube/9.9/instance-administration/license-administration/#actions-that-will-invalidate-your-license-key
- Have new sonarqube connect to new RDS Postgres DB
- Verified project data (
<sonarqube url>/projects) through the sonarqube Web UI .
- Updated sonarqube URL in Gitlab CI job to use new sonarqube server
- Received error
Analyses suspended. The server ID is invalid. Please ask for a license for the server with ID: corrupted
- Contacted support and received a new license
- When setting the new license through the “License Mananger”. I received
An error has occurred. Please contact your administrator
- Checking the logs. The error is
Server ID is not present.
- Here is the stack trace Server_ID_is_not_present.txt (12.4 KB)
- Support said to create a post on the sonarqube community forum.
- Support had me run this query to confirm the Application ID.
select * from properties where prop_key = 'sonar.core.id';
- The Application ID was the same in the Administrator > System Website UI.