SonarQube Locale Issue

Hi Team,

I am facing this below locale issue though I set the locale for the container as Env variable. Does it create any problem in sonarqube operations? want to make sure this does not cause any issues.

[sonarqube@~]$ docker exec -it sonarqube sh
sh: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8)

Attached the Image of the container login. Thank you for your help.

Thanks,
Prasad.

Hi,

From searching on the error message, it looks like you need to edit /etc/environment.

HTH,
Ann

I have already added in the file but it did not fix the issue. I am using RHEL now. In the Dockerfile I am using USER sonarqube to switch to the user at then end after adding the /etc/environment file. looks like LC_ALL is not setting properly. I have seen the default docker image available in the DockerHub in which these variables set as ENV variable same thing I followed too after updating the /etc/environment file.

What is the locale requirement for SonarQube? is it mandatory to have this LC_ALL set ?

Hi,

Sorry, I need to back up. Are you using an official image? Did you modify it to add this locale command?

Ann

I am not using official image, I am using official SonarQube binary file and creating a custom image out of it instead of using the official image.

Hi,

I recommend you use the official image.

HTH,
Ann

I can’t use the official Image as we have some standards set for underlying base OS. That is why using custom image. Could you check the Locale part and help me on this?

Hi,

Maybe don’t set the locale?

Ann

Hi

I have some threads in the community where they mentioned improper setting of locale causes the scanning to fail, that is the reason I want to make sure locale is set properly.

Hi,

I’m not familiar with that issue. Have you tried it?

Ann

Hi,

That thread is not having solution. Could you check with someone if you not have an idea?

Thanks,
Prasad.

What thread?

Hi,

SonarQube 8.2 is well past EOL.

Ann