SonarQube Gradle Plugin adds deprecated jacoco.reportPath properties

Dear SonarQube maintainers,

I have noticed that whenever I run sonarqube from gradle against a SonarQube Server 8.1, with the official sonarqube gradle plugin, the following warning message appears in the log and in the sonarqube server:

Property ‘sonar.jacoco.reportPaths’ is no longer supported. Use JaCoCo’s xml report and sonar-jacoco plugin.
Property ‘sonar.jacoco.reportPath’ is no longer supported. Use JaCoCo’s xml report and sonar-jacoco plugin.

Now, its just a warning, and not a big issue since coverage is picked up anyway from the XML files, but I would like to get rid of this warning.

However, after tooking a quick glance at the docs, and also the source code of the gradle plugin, I cannot see any way to keep it from configuring these properties.

So, right now, whenever we are using the Gradle Plugin to do the sonar analysis, we will see the warning message in the server, and there is currently no way to avoid having this warning, so I would consider this issue a bug.

Kind Regards,
Michael

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the feedback.

I agree that these two warnings are annoying, and it seems indeed that there is no known workaround to avoid them.

I therefore created a ticket to improve the situation.

Best,
Quentin

1 Like