SonarQube 9.9 upgrade fails due to "Unsupported value for sonar.log.rollingPolicy: NONE"

I’m having issues getting SonarQube 9.9 Enterprise to upgrade in my Dev environment:

Java - jdk 17
SonarQube 9.9
JDBC - mssql-jdbc_auth-11.2.2.x64.dll

Starting SonarQube - “StartSonar.bat”
Error Msg:Exception in thread “main” org.sonar.process.MessageException: Unsupported value for property sonar.log.rollingPolicy: NONE

Please help with this error

Hello @wpee thanks for reporting this, have you tried to change that value to “none” in lower case?
Because that is what I can see in the code base. If I move to “NONE” I get the same error as you.

Unsupported value for property sonar.log.rollingPolicy: NONE
org.sonar.process.MessageException: Unsupported value for property sonar.log.rollingPolicy: NONE

Also the documentation reports it in lower case: SonarQube's server logs and system info

Hello Matteo, thanks for your response, but where is this property set, in what file? Thanks in advance!

I changed the “NONE” to “none” and it ran but I get that the following:
2023.03.20 12:19:59 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] Waiting for Elasticsearch to be up and running
2023.03.20 12:20:10 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] Process[es] is up
2023.03.20 12:20:10 INFO app[o.s.a.ProcessLauncherImpl] Launch process[WEB_SERVER] from [D:\SonarQube\sonarqube-9.9.0.65466]: D:\Program Files\Java\jdk-17\bin\java -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.io.tmpdir=D:\SonarQube\sonarqube-9.9.0.65466\temp -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow --add-opens=java.base/java.util=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.io=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport=ALL-UNNAMED --add-exports=java.base/jdk.internal.ref=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.nio=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/sun.nio.ch=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.management/sun.management=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=jdk.management/com.sun.management.internal=ALL-UNNAMED -Dcom.redhat.fips=false -Xmx1G -Xms128m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=localhost|127.*|[::1] -cp ./lib/sonar-application-9.9.0.65466.jar;D:\SonarQube\sonarqube-9.9.0.65466\lib\jdbc\mssql\mssql-jdbc-11.2.2.jre17.jar org.sonar.server.app.WebServer D:\SonarQube\sonarqube-9.9.0.65466\temp\sq-process9784187664075382409properties
WARNING: A terminally deprecated method in java.lang.System has been called
WARNING: System::setSecurityManager has been called by org.sonar.process.PluginSecurityManager (file:/D:/SonarQube/sonarqube-9.9.0.65466/lib/sonar-application-9.9.0.65466.jar)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.sonar.process.PluginSecurityManager
WARNING: System::setSecurityManager will be removed in a future release
2023.03.20 12:20:14 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] Process[Web Server] is stopped
2023.03.20 12:20:14 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] Process[ElasticSearch] is stopped
2023.03.20 12:20:14 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] SonarQube is stopped

Matteo, I also looked in the Event Viewer to identify any errors; There weren’t any errors, but I received the following Warnings:
Child process [4532 - java.exe -Xms8m -Xmx32m -Djava.awt.headless=true --add-exports=java.base/jdk.internal.ref=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.nio=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/sun.nio.ch=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.management/sun.management=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=jdk.management/com.sun.management.internal=ALL-UNNAMED -cp “…....\lib\sonar-application-9.9.0.65466.jar” “org.sonar.application.App” ] finished with 0