SonarQube 9.6 changes

Hello All,

Running SonarQube 9.5 and was in the process of installing 9.6, but noticed the following with 9.6:

1. Wrapper.conf no longer exists (was in sonarqube\conf folder. (Is this conf file no longer needed?)
  2. New service (SonarService) file under sonarqube\bin\windows-x86-64 (What is this one for?)
  3. all the Start/Stop sevices are no longer present under sonarqube\bin\windows-x86-64
    In the recent past the Install/uninstall ones were dropped, now all are dropped. (Is this a mistake?)

I went ahead and tried to install 9.6 and got the following error:
ā€œUnable to locate a Wrapper executableā€. I copied over the wrapper from 9.5 version and still got the
same message.

Hi,

We dropped the old Java Service Wrapper (it was very old) with 9.6. The upgrade notes should help.

Ā 
Ann

The upgrade notes got me past the wrapper issue, but I am now getting the Java file not found issue (that I see reported in other recent posts): 2022-08-25 15:44:03,714 INFO - Starting %JAVA_EXE% -Xms8m -Xmx32m -Djava.awt.headless=true --add-exports=java.base/jdk.internal.ref=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.nio=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/sun.nio.ch=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.management/sun.management=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=jdk.management/com.sun.management.internal=ALL-UNNAMED -cp ā€œā€¦....\lib\sonar-application-9.6.0.59041.jarā€ ā€œorg.sonar.application.Appā€
2022-08-25 15:44:03,733 ERROR - Failed to start service.
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified

Oh dear. I was afraid of that. It looks like youā€™re hitting this:

SONAR-17224 SonarQube canā€™t start as a Windows Service

Weā€™re planning to release 9.6.1 on Monday.

Ann

Just installed 9.6.1 and still having JDK related issues:
2022.09.02 13:48:36 ERROR web[o.s.s.p.PlatformImpl] Web server startup failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ā€˜jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader@7aec35a-org.sonar.db.DefaultDatabaseā€™: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Fail to connect to database

Can you share your entire stack trace of the error?

Sorry for delay, I figured out my issue, I was not setting up the JDBC URL string correctly, I was doing: sonar.jdbc.encrypt=false
sonar.jdbc.url=jdbc:sqlserver://dbxxx:15001;databaseName=Sonarxxx_X99;
But needed to do: sonar.jdbc.url=jdbc:sqlserver://dbxxx:15001;databaseName=Sonarxxx_X99;encrypt=false;

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.