Sonarqube 8.2 error launching when using postgresql 10

Error from web.log:

2020.02.28 13:02:27 ERROR web[][o.s.s.p.PlatformImpl] Web server startup failed
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to read content of table schema_migrations
        at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.history.MigrationHistoryImpl.getLastMigrationNumber(MigrationHistoryImpl.java:75)
        at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.history.MigrationHistoryMeddler.meddle(MigrationHistoryMeddler.java:45)
        at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.history.MigrationHistoryImpl.start(MigrationHistoryImpl.java:54)
        at org.sonar.core.platform.StartableCloseableSafeLifecyleStrategy.start(StartableCloseableSafeLifecyleStrategy.java:42)
        at org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjectionFactory$LifecycleAdapter.start(AbstractInjectionFactory.java:84)
        at org.picocontainer.behaviors.AbstractBehavior.start(AbstractBehavior.java:169)
        at org.picocontainer.behaviors.Stored$RealComponentLifecycle.start(Stored.java:132)
        at org.picocontainer.behaviors.Stored.start(Stored.java:110)
        at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.potentiallyStartAdapter(DefaultPicoContainer.java:1016)
        at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.startAdapters(DefaultPicoContainer.java:1009)
        at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.start(DefaultPicoContainer.java:767)
        at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:135)
        at org.sonar.server.platform.platformlevel.PlatformLevel.start(PlatformLevel.java:90)
        at org.sonar.server.platform.platformlevel.PlatformLevel2.start(PlatformLevel2.java:107)
        at org.sonar.server.platform.PlatformImpl.start(PlatformImpl.java:213)
        at org.sonar.server.platform.PlatformImpl.startLevel2Container(PlatformImpl.java:179)
        at org.sonar.server.platform.PlatformImpl.init(PlatformImpl.java:87)
        at org.sonar.server.platform.web.PlatformServletContextListener.contextInitialized(PlatformServletContextListener.java:43)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4770)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5236)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1423)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1413)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation "schema_migrations" does not exist
  Position: 21
        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2497)
        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2233)
        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:310)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeInternal(PgStatement.java:446)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.execute(PgStatement.java:370)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeWithFlags(PgStatement.java:311)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeCachedSql(PgStatement.java:297)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeWithFlags(PgStatement.java:274)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeQuery(PgStatement.java:225)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DelegatingStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingStatement.java:329)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DelegatingStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingStatement.java:329)
        at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.history.MigrationHistoryImpl.selectVersions(MigrationHistoryImpl.java:97)
        at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.history.MigrationHistoryImpl.getLastMigrationNumber(MigrationHistoryImpl.java:68)
        ... 26 common frames omitted

Hi,

Are you sure you’re connected to the right DB / schema?

Ann

Hi,

When i change from sonar.jdbc.url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/sonarqube?currentSchema=sonarqube

to

sonar.jdbc.url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/sonarqube?currentSchema=public

The sonarqube application starts successfully, only problem is that data is wiped.

Little context here also might be useful.
I am using sonarqube 7.9 LTS with mariadb and i used pgloader to migrate data over to postgresql.

Also, it seems i am not the only one who is having this problem:

I found a workaround.

I installed postgresql 9.6 and then upgraded 7.9 to 8.0, 8.0 to 8.1 and then 8.1 to 8.2

And finally i switched sonarqube 8.2 to connect to postgresql 10 and now its working.