Sonarqube 10.2 doesn't start with sonar-javamelody plugin

Hi,

just to let you know
Starting with Sonarqube 10.2 there are problems with community plugins that use deprecated apis or features.

My test instance with sonar-javamelody monitoring plugin failed to start after updating from Sonarqube 10.1 > 10.2
Created an issue Sonarqube 10.2 fails to start with sonar-javamelody 1.95.0 · Issue #6 · javamelody/sonar-javamelody · GitHub

There are also problems with other plugins, see

Gilbert

1 Like

Hi Gilbert,

Thanks for this report. I’ve updated the Marketplace to not show PMD as compatible with 10.2, but since JavaMelody isn’t in the Marketplace, there’s not much I can do.

That said, I’m not able to find a ticket that references the underlying Caused by:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.sonar.api.SonarPlugin

So I’m going to dig a little internally.

Ann

Hello @Rebse,

Thanks for reaching out for this issue.
Based on the log that you provided, the instance fails to start because the deprecated SonarPlugin class has been removed in version 10.0 of the plugin-api which is used in SonarQube version 10.2.
Related Jira ticket.

In order for the plugin to work in version 10.2 of SonarQube, it will have to replace the usages of the removed classes.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thanks @dimitris.kavvathas!

I’ve updated the Marketplace to end PMD’s compatibility at 9.9.

Ann

1 Like

Hi,

thanks for the details!
So far i have not received any feedback for the Github issue.
We use the Java Melody monitoring plugin also for Jenkins and i like it.
Hope the sonar-javamelody monitoring plugin gets an update…

Gilbert

Hi @ganncamp,

To clarify, the class was removed on version 10.0 of the sonar-plugin, which is used in version 10.2 of SonarQube. SonarQube versions ≤10.1 should support the plugin.

Having the same major version for SonarQube and the sonar-plugin can be confusing. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @dimitris.kavvathas!

I’ve re-updated the Marketplace.

:sweat_smile:
Ann

1 Like