Sonarlint not finding C++ header file

Hello,
using sonarlint 3.4.0 on VSCode 1.66.0, I get an error that sonarlint doesn’t find a header file while it’s present in my project.
From what I found, it happens when the compilation database contains command with options -I with the quote character ’ :

{
        "directory": "/data/aqm/Commons",
        "file": "src/Action/AqValidation.cpp",
        "command": "g++ -Wall -Wmissing-field-initializers -D_AMD_UNIX_ -D_AMD_UNIX_LINUX_ -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -D_AMD_ENV_64_  -D_AMD_GNU_ -D_AMD_DEBUG_  -D_AMD_THREADS_ -D_AMD_THREADS_POSIX_ -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT  -D_AMD_DYNLINK_ -D_MWDFIELDS_NO_INLINE_ -DRFD_DB_SQLITE -D_AMD_TRACE_ -DAMD_TRACE=1 -fexceptions -D_AMD_TRACE_ -D_AMD_TRACE_ -D_SBR_MODEL_UNIX_ -D_SBR_MODEL_UNIX_   '-I/remote/tmp/weekly/fop_replicate/osp/Boost/18-0-0-39/include' '-I/data/aqm/Commons/include' -Wall -Werror -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations  -g -std=gnu++17 -m64 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing  -fdiagnostics-color=always -fno-pic -fPIC -fno-lto -ffat-lto-objects -fno-plt -fno-semantic-interposition     -fexceptions -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-comment -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-comment -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-comment -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-comment    -MD -MF '/data/aqm/Commons/bmstmp/build/obj/x86_64-2.6.32-v4/DebugSharedGccNoInstr/main/rootSymlink/src/Action/AqValidation.cpp.fullDependencies' -o '/data/aqm/Commons/bmstmp/build/obj/x86_64-2.6.32-v4/DebugSharedGccNoInstr/main/rootSymlink/src/Action/AqValidation.cpp.o' -c src/Action/AqValidation.cpp"
    },

This file is present: /data/aqm/Commons/include/Action/AqValidation.hpp
the compilation command contains: ‘-I/data/aqm/Commons/include’
but sonarlint reports this error on the line: #include “Action/AqValidation.hpp”

[{
“resource”: “/data/aqm/Commons/src/Action/AqValidation.cpp”,
“owner”: “sonarlint”,
“code”: “cpp:S2260”,
“severity”: 4,
“message”: “‘Action/AqValidation.hpp’ file not found”,
“source”: “sonarlint”,
“startLineNumber”: 9,
“startColumn”: 1,
“endLineNumber”: 9,
“endColumn”: 35
}]

If I change the command in the compilation database to remove the quote character (-I/data/aqm/Commons/include), sonarlint doesn’t report this error anymore.

1 Like

It also works correctly if replacing quote character ’ by escaped double quote character " inside the compilation database

Hello @tlallemand,

You are right, we handle double quotes properly but not single quotes inside of the commands field.
Thanks for catching this! We will fix that as soon as possible. Here is the ticket to follow: [CPP-3655] Compilation database: fix handling of single quote in the "command" field - SonarSource

Let me know if you have other questions,
Abbas

1 Like

Hello @tlallemand,

this should be solved in the latest SonarLint for VS Code release

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.