SonarLint in connected mode downloads the quality profiles from organisation SonarQube but the errors don't show up

In SonarLint for Visual Studio, connected mode downloads the quality profiles from organisation SonarQube but the errors don’t show up.

By “errors” I guess you mean code quality issues raised by analyzers. And to rephrase your question, you see some issues in SonarQube, but not in SonarLint. Do I understand correctly? Can you give some examples of the issues that you see in SonarQube but not in SonarLint?

Yes , you are correct. I can see the issues in Sonarqube, but when i work in connected mode, it does not show me the issues.

But one thing, that i found out last evening was the issues were showing up only on files that i keep open. The requirement is to see the issues for the overall solution.

That sounds like you have Enable full solution analysis turned off, or you have a filter set in the Error List, or both.

If you enable full solution analysis and make sure the error list filter is set to Entire Solution then you should see all of the errors in the IDE.

1 Like