Sonarlint Extension Not Working After Visual Studio Upgrade (17.44->17.15.1)

Good morning,

My co-worker and I are both using the SonarLint 2022 extension for Visual Studio 2022. Yesterday, he reported that his extension had stopped highlighting issues and the only difference between our instances was that he had upgraded to VS 17.5.1. At the time, I was on version 17.4.4 and everything was working as normal.

However, after I upgraded to VS 17.5.1, I have the same problem as my coworker

We both are using:

• Operating system: Windows 11
  • SonarLint plugin version: 6.13.0.62767
  • Programming language you’re coding in: C#
  • Is connected mode used:
    • Connected to SonarCloud or SonarQube (and which version): Yes - Sonarqube

Any feedback or logs I could get someone that would be helpful? More and more of my coworkers are not able to use Sonarlint which impacts us because we use a quality gate on our builds. We can’t see issues before check ins. It also does not work on Visual Studio 17.5.3.

Hi @GCDewski,

I think this is related to a bug the Sonar DotNet team raised against Roslyn couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear that anyone has looked at the issue yet.

I’ve just tested against VS v17.5.3 and 17.6.0 Preview 2 and unfortunately the problem still exists.

As a workaround, I was able to explicitly enable rules in an .editorconfig file e.g.

[*.cs]

# S3776: Cognitive Complexity of methods should not be too high
dotnet_diagnostic.S3776.severity = warning

Got it. I will watch that bug thread for any updates. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@GCDewski FYI the issue seems to be fixed in VS v17.5.4:

1 Like