SonarLint(7.8) giving Exceptions in STS (4.17.1) while analyzing

Hi,
I’m getting IllegalStateException exception while analyzing my project in STS IDE. Following are the details.

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • SonarLint plugin version: 7.8
  • Programming language you’re coding in: Java with SpringBoot, Maven
  • IDE : STS (4.17.1)
  • Is connected mode used:NO

Description of the problem / question:

Error during execution of SonarLint analysis
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to load component class org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.analyzer.sensor.SensorsExecutor

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to load component class org.sonar.plugins.javascript.JavaScriptSensor

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer

Please advise a solution to fix this.

Thanks
Biju

Hello Biju,

Are you sure you are running the latest version of SonarLint for Eclipse (7.8) ? Did you get it from the Marketplace ?

The errors you provide does not match the code that should be in this version

Hi Damien,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, it is 7.8.
When I tried to install from Marketplace I was getting error, so downloaded it from the following site and installed.

https://binaries.sonarsource.com/SonarLint-for-Eclipse/releases/org.sonarlint.eclipse.site-4.1.0.201901311043.zip

Thx
Biju

Hi @BIJUSR

If you look carefully at the URL, you have installed version 4.1, which is very old.

What is the error you got when trying to install from the marketplace?

If you want to manually install from the archive, you can look at the latest version here:
https://binaries.sonarsource.com/?prefix=SonarLint-for-Eclipse/releases/

Hi Julien,

Thank you!!
Actually, following is what I can see as the installed version of SonarLint in STS, though the .zip installer shows 4.1.

Anyway, let me try installing the latest version from the link you have provided.
If you don’t mind, could you advise the steps to completely remove current installation. Clicking the Uninstall button is not completing removing the current version.

Thank you!!

I got it working after upgrading the version to 7.8 using org.sonarlint.eclipse.site-7.8.0.63129.zip.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Regards
Biju

This is not a reliable way to see what is installed to rely on the Eclipse marketplace client. You should instead go to Help → About → Installation Details

You can uninstall it from the same “Installation Details” dialog. But in Eclipse world, nothing is really totally removed. Eclipse keeps all bundle in a cache, even after you uninstall.